troop-e lock up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I have a uniden 996xt and a radio shack pro 2096 , both are locking up on troop e. Sounds like a another control channel or something. Whats up?

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
troop e

I been having the same problem. Sometimes it sounds like a open carrier. Yesterday I was in my truck and I heard one of troop e "s cars testing a radio for distance. He said he was almost to Rhode Island. Off the subject for a minute, Wish I could pick up New London at my house.
Have outside antenna 10 ft above the peak. But now I can go a half mile away in my truck and pick them up.

Last edited:

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
it happens every Summer with atmospheric conditions. It will pass. there's some setting you can change if you have a Uniden Scanner...

I been having the same problem. Sometimes it sounds like a open carrier. Yesterday I was in my truck and I heard one of troop e "s cars testing a radio for distance. He said he was almost to Rhode Island. Off the subject for a minute, Wish I could pick up New London at my house.
Have outside antenna 10 ft above the peak. But now I can go a half mile away in my truck and pick them up.

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
troop e

I have a Austin all band antenna on my truck I can get new London digital as far away as Putnam with no problem.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I pick up Wtfd/NL up until around Yantic/Preston, then they fall off. I have a VHF 1/4 wave on my truck for the antenna on my mobile scanner.

As for Troop E, both E and F have been locking up the past few days.

w1haf

There is a 800 trunk system in LI NY that shares one of the CSP frequencies and Talkgroup numbers. You can set your scanner to closed to receive only the CSP talkgroups and you can lock out the frequency they have in common. That fixed the problem for me. They are also just finishing up switching over to a new microwave link system between sites. They could be testing. [emoji41]

Last edited:

coolrich55

I also pick up the Suffolk NY county system on the CSP system. Usually the E DISP-2 TG is what comes up. In Griswold I can pick up the Waterford system pretty good most day.

Freddie_B

I have a uniden 996xt and a radio shack pro 2096 , both are locking up on troop e. Sounds like a another control channel or something. Whats up?

Go into your settings for CSP trunk system, and make sure you have "Detect End Code Enabled" enable digital and analog end code. That will fix your problem, I had the same problem for months it was driving me crazy sounded like just an open carrier. Then someone posted that tip on here for me, I changed it and now have no issues what so ever. Let me know if that works for you!!

KC1CGN - Frederick Briere

thom

Premium Subscriber
I've also had the same hanging problem on Troop E. I did the above and also changed the Modulation from FM to NFM. I noticed that some of those Suffolk , LI freqs are very close to Troop E and perhaps some do bleed over.

Too soon to tell if it made a difference but it's not hanging right now.

Freddie_B

Thank you that seemed to help a lot, still hangs up but not as bad.

No problem. I am repaying the favor as was done for me. I was so happy to be rid of that problem. It was driving me crazy, especially not knowing what it was. Just sounded like an open carrier of some sort.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Changing the End Code setting to Analog and Digital works on my BCD 536, however, my Home Patrol 1 does not have an End Code setting, consequently it locked up last night on Troop E Dispatch for over an hour.

Is there an alternate solution for the HP?

Freddie_B

Changing the End Code setting to Analog and Digital works on my BCD 536, however, my Home Patrol 1 does not have an End Code setting, consequently it locked up last night on Troop E Dispatch for over an hour.

Is there an alternate solution for the HP?

I am not familiar with the HP or it's settings, just post a new thread "End Code settings for Home Patrol 1 with regards to CSP carrier lockup" or something like that. I am sure someone has the answer you need here. But they may not be picking through threads. Good luck, at least I helped with one of them :)

MarkB513

I've been noticing this problem recently on Troop I Disp CH-21 and a DEEP talk group. I have no idea about Troop E being I don't travel in that area. When it happens I don't get any open carrier sound. The "end code" settings do help, but not completely. I've been listening for years and never had this issue and I'm certainly not picking up system interference from LI where I'm traveling (between Cheshire and Bloomfield). The open carrier hanging up issue that only seems to happen on certain zones I think is an entirely different problem of which I do occasionally experience. I believe it's a CSP system problem that they themselves wouldn't notice so it doesn't always get corrected immediately.

leadjammer

Troop E lockup

Had the same problem last night. Troop E and F were stuck for over an hour. Finally had to lock them out for the night. I also have the HP 1 and I haven't found a way to solve the problem.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I agree that it is probably a CSP issue however, it doesn't effect my 6 year old BCD396, I've managed to adjust my 536 , but what bugs me is that my HP with the Extreme Upgrade cannot be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.