Yaesu: Ft 60 commander software

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Has anyone figured out a fix for the ft 60 commander program constantly deleting your dcs codes from the grid ??

wa2chj

I've used the FT-60R Commander software quite extensively, and I've never had a problem with DCS codes. Granted I only have a handful of frequencies that use DCS compared to the the dozens that use CTCSS, but none have ever just disappeared.
Have you tried to contact Jim directly? I had to do that once quite a while ago with, I think, a VX-2R Commander problem. He was very quick to get back to me and fixed the issue within a couple weeks.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I just tried a different computer... Read the ft60 and all dcs codes come out 023 instead of the values in the radio... software ver 1.0

wa2chj

I believe 023 is the default DCS code that Commander fills into every box of the DCS matrix when a channel is programmed. Maybe that has something to do with your problem.
I just went into the FT-60R Commander program and changed some of my channels from CTCSS to DCS and saved the file. Then I exited the file and Commander and reopened Commander and reloaded the saved file (from the computer). All the DCS codes came up as saved.
I don't have the FT-60R here at work, so I can't try writing to the radio and then reading back. If I have a chance over the weekend, I'll give that a try, too.
I don't think Jim is on this forum, or I'm sure he would jump in. I hope he can get back to you with a fix for your issue.

Scott

k6cpo

Another complaint about free software. Do you really expect that if people are giving this stuff away they are going to put the same development effort into it as someone who charges for it? The same argument could be said for the $5 programming cables from China.

"You get what you pay for..."

Status
Not open for further replies.