Surely someon will add TRBO soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Surely someone will add support for DMR/TRBO soon?

This is getting ridiculous. I have two counties next to me now that are going to it, one has already switched, and my own will be going to it in the near future. If I search the Uhf business bands about 90% of them are using it.

What the **** is the issue? Why does everyone refuse to support this mode?

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Please call it DMR.

DMR / TRBO whatever. All I know is that it's frustrating.

On a side note I noticed that when I edited the misspelled word in the thread title it doesn't change on the main forum page. Strange...

Last edited:

Nasby

Just hope that Uniden doesn't try to do it.

It will be full of bugs from day one.

Josh

For purposes of cheap scanning of DMR, you may want to look at the Connect Systems CS-750... While it is a portable transceiver, it does DMR and while it lacks front panel programmability, the software is free and the programming cable, inexpensive.

mancow

Database Admin
For purposes of cheap scanning of DMR, you may want to look at the Connect Systems CS-750... While it is a portable transceiver, it does DMR and while it lacks front panel programmability, the software is free and the programming cable, inexpensive.

I have one each of the ADCR25 boards VHF/UHF/800 but I want a regular stand along radio.

I want something like a BCD536HP with DMR/P25.

This is just crazy not being able to hear half of the traffic in an area.

RayAir

This is getting ridiculous. I have two counties next to me now that are going to it, one has already switched, and my own will be going to it in the near future. If I search the Uhf business bands about 90% of them are using it.

You're going to have to use a DMR radio as your scanner.

I use two CS700's for Connect+ and DMR Conventional scanning and a Motorola SL 7550 for Capacity+.

What kind of system is your County going to? If it is DMR Conventional any DMR radio that scans will be as good as any scanner could hope to be.

If they go to Cap+ you can buy a TRBO radio and the CPS and program the radio for Cap+ trunking.

If they go Con+, the CS700 or 701 seems to do well conventionally scanning these systems.

I use a two radio set up plus DSD+ for for monitoring a large Cap+.

Don't hold your breath for a DMR or NXDN scanner.

As we all see, scanner manufacturers are still living in the 90's for the most part.

DSD 1.080t can follow NXDN trunking, not sure about Cap+ or Con+?

I'm likely going to pick up an XPR 6550 soon also.

Also, hopefully they don't select Enhanced Privacy.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

Not sure if it's a proprietary thing stopping them (such as ProVoice) or simply a lack of demand, however, with DMR systems becoming plentiful by the day you would think scanner manufacturers would get with the program and develop something.

Voyager

Dig ding ding! We have a winner. MotoTRBO trunking is a proprietary scheme that requires a license from Motorola to employ. You can monitor the audio in conventional mode, but it's unlikely they will license any scanner manufacturer to use ConnectPlus or CapacityPlus (the two MotoTRBO trunking formats).

Also note that privacy is a standard option, and once DMR becomes popular in scanners many will likely use that mouse-click and enable it.

mancow

Database Admin
The same mouse click exists with P25 ADP which is basically free. Most are still clear.

At least include non trunked DMR.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
My experience with the AR-DV1 (and that of others) can be read on multiple AR-DV1 threads. Although my reviews have been less than stellar, it does seem to indicate that NXDN and DMR can be incorporated for voice decoding, perhaps in the firmware, without need for hardware change (correct me if I am wrong). Trunking, with respect to DMR and NXDN, may be another issue.
But whether this will be done in a scanner-like radio, and at what price is really unknown. If not Uniden, then who. Maybe Whistler? But ladies and gentlemen, I would not hold my breath waiting for this one. The AR-DV1 excited a lot of us here on the RR forums when it was first announced, but you can read my posts (and those of others) on other related threads that the excitement was premature.
Give me a high-end scanner with P25 (I and II), DMR, and NXDN (must have trunking), and I will be right behind Mancow in the line. Maybe even in front of Mancow.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If these DMR radios are so cheap and easy to program someone should start buying them, program them, and market them to the people who want to monitor these systems. Why wait for the scanner manufacturers, take advantage of the demand now.

K9JRF

Premium Subscriber
Another radio that has recently came out that can be used to monitor DMR is the Tytera MD‑380. You can pick them up for about $189 for everything. Radio, programming software, and programming cable.

mancow

Database Admin
Another radio that has recently came out that can be used to monitor DMR is the Tytera MD‑380. You can pick them up for about $189 for everything. Radio, programming software, and programming cable.

Interesting. I might have to grab one. Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Dig ding ding! We have a winner. MotoTRBO trunking is a proprietary scheme that requires a license from Motorola to employ. You can monitor the audio in conventional mode, but it's unlikely they will license any scanner manufacturer to use ConnectPlus or CapacityPlus (the two MotoTRBO trunking formats).

Also note that privacy is a standard option, and once DMR becomes popular in scanners many will likely use that mouse-click and enable it.

Regardless if scanners were capable in future which I don't see newer radios and firmware for trbo block non affiliated radios from rxing similiar to Esk on edacs. If it is enabled. Plus you'd have the secure options to deal with if that wasn't used. So a radio wouldn't be of any use if they use the Esk like option blocking non affiliated radios from unmuting.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If these DMR radios are so cheap and easy to program someone should start buying them, program them, and market them to the people who want to monitor these systems. Why wait for the scanner manufacturers, take advantage of the demand now.

Because using an radio to access said systems, without the permission of the operator of the system is illegal. Even if you have TX disabled, your still illegally accessing an radio system. I love all the nuts on other boards that brag outright about buying radios and programming them to access P25 systems, MotoTRBO systems, NexEDGE systems. One day, there will be nothing left to access because of this constant illegal action. This is one of the reasons, in fact that vendors such as Motorola, and Harris now make it standard for encryption to be on on all radios, and systems they sell. Its left up to each user of the radios/systems to turn it back off.

Those of you that have actual permission to access systems using actual radios due to your involvement are of course fine and dandy. No complaints there. Its you other "geniuses" that are in reality just hackers with another toy. You don't think about the problems you can, and often do, cause for the radio systems your freakin with. Systems are designed with specific numbers of radios and users in mind. And an certain amount of security. Think about that for an while folks. You all throw fits cause the NSA and others is "Big Brothering" your lives, yet you think its okay to play around with radio systems that are not yours. Keep on playing like your entitled to monitor everything any way you want to. ECPA is about to get an whole lot tougher very soon, and more and more systems will go with tighter and tighter security. Think before you act guys. Keep complaining about the hobby being dead, but next time think about the real reasons behind that...

Rant off.

Status
Not open for further replies.