BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP Non-Continuous Recording Over Long Periods (constant scanning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I leave my radio plugged in and scanning over my local radio channels.
Using the latest firmware and 32GB card.

After 24-48 hours after I turn on the recording function, the scanner stops recording, continues to scan fine and all but the recording simply doesn't happen, the REC doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen.

troymail

Silent Key
The radio is likely having problems writing to the SD card. I've been seeing this for some time now.

When that happens, Uniden's solution is to reboot the radio which loses the REC setting.

Try reformatting the SD card and or replacing it with another card.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Please, am not a tech idiot.
Whatever the limits, volume size or number of files per volume, it wouldn't resume recording if limits were hit, that is to say that it does resume when I hit record again.

I'm just pissed off that it kicks off the recording switch, and I have to set it to record once I notice.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I was responding to the latest reply, not the 1st reply.

re: the card being finiky at times, 1st reply. I didn't buy the card, it's SanDisk, which I won't buy because it's crap, so I'll try changing the card at some point to see if it's the card aborting the recording process but the scanner should throw an error if recording stops, at least it does so when card is full, maybe they didn't do a good job on error handling.

I only have 64GB cards and I didn't get around to formatting one with FAT32 so that it would work with this scanner. Scanner doesn't understand exFAT.

Voyager

I've read of decoding issues which were resolved with card replacement, so operational issues exist.

troymail

Silent Key
...the scanner should throw an error if recording stops, at least it does so when card is full, maybe they didn't do a good job on error handling.

I believe this is the problem.

It seems that the error handling of a card write fault is pretty poor. If I'm not mistaken, the radio handles the card being full properly - but it apparently doesn't when some other unknown problem occurs resulting in a reboot.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I've also had issues when I connect power to the scanner. It's hard to tell but I think as soon as I press the No, I don't want to go into the media storage mode, it goes into media storage mode anyway and I have to reboot.

gibbs70

Ill add my 2 cents here too, as this happens to my 436HP once the memory card gets filled past a certain point. I am still trying to narrow it down, but the limit seems to be around 65K files and 3GB on a 16GB ADATA class 10 card before weird issues start to crop up. The issues include stopping recording, forgetting the volume setting, and disconnecting from the USB cable and going back to the hit "E" or "." menu. It seems that if the card doesnt have many files on it then it runs just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.