Gloucester County 700 Mhz P25 Phase 2 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

It appears as though the system is starting to come up! Control channel up and running

Attachments

• gloucester county p25.jpg
    gloucester county p25.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 679
  • gloucester count 2.jpg
    gloucester count 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 680

MilAirNJ

Bandplan

Here is the band plan that is displaying on unitrunker

Attachments

• bandplan.jpg
    bandplan.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 607

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Database update request submitted.

phillydjdan

September?! That's pretty ambitious considering that's about 6 weeks away and they just now fired up a control channel. I'm gonna venture a guess that the document is old.

MilAirNJ

Are these the radios that are being logged into the system?

Attachments

• radioids.jpg
    radioids.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 508

phillydjdan

Source ID would be the radio, Target ID would be the talkgroup, unless it was a private call, then both source and target would be radios. Since your screencap shows only units "joining", which is another term for affiliating, then the source is a radio and it is "joining" the target talkgroup.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Just loaded it into my PSR-800 and have the wildcard set up. I will post anything I get with in the next few days

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know which site location is up? Driving through Gloucester county on I-295 I could only hear the control channel faintly in the West Deptford area.

MilAirNJ

While I had the new Gloucester County site in search mode, I was receiving bleed over last night from Union County NJICS. They were talking about a command post, and having a house surrounded. The TG id's were in the 4000's.

Union county site and Gloucester County both share this frequency (774.68125) I also picked up a transmission about a passenger getting his shirt stuck in the train door and being dragged.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
While I had the new Gloucester County site in search mode, I was receiving bleed over last night from Union County NJICS. They were talking about a command post, and having a house surrounded. The TG id's were in the 4000's.

Union county site and Gloucester County both share this frequency (774.68125) I also picked up a transmission about a passenger getting his shirt stuck in the train door and being dragged.

There was a strong band opening last night ranging from two meters thru 440 up into the 500 MHz range. It was causing problems with the Burlington county UHF-T system along with other issues they had this weekend. Perhaps 700-800MHz frequencies were also affected by the band opening.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Are all the sites on the system up and transmitting? Only getting a weak decode in Monroe/Washington Township on the Black Horse Pike.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
A little update for my Gloucester County peeps. I have been traveling around the southern end of the county the past couple of weeks and through testing can confirm that the Clayton site is broadcasting. I have heard no transmissions on the system as of yet. But I do receive a weak control channel decode using a Uniden BCD436HP. In and around Clayton the control channel comes in quite strong. There are several dead spots on the cc frequency on the outskirts of the county and it is barely receivable anywhere outside the county right up to the borderline.

What I want to know is this...I notice in the Gloucester County wiki for this new system there are other sites listed around the county, and one just into Camden County. At this time I have no reason to believe these sitea are active. Will they, in fact put other transmitters online in addition to one in Clayton and one in Mount Royal? Also what is the new timeline for the new system to come online?

phillydjdan

They more than likely only have 1 or 2 sites up. In my observations regarding the new Bucks County, PA Phase II system they only had the site closest to their comm center up for the longest time. It was only when all of the tower site equipment elsewhere was installed that they turned on the other sites. This was about 3 months ago and they are planning to migrate in mid-September, for what it's worth. These things take time to get in place and in service.

Septa3371CSX1

Clayton is where Gloucester County's 911 Dispatch Center is located so it would make sense that only the Clayton site is up and running.

Like most new P25 systems expect this one to not be received well by scanners outside the county. Also expect that site in Camden County to be a directional antenna pointed to a certain area of Gloucester County. As far as a timeline I believe full migration sometime next year. Most likely they'll migrate user groups in a similar fashion as Camden County did.

Status
Not open for further replies.