BC75XLT: BC75xlt Stuck on all Loc Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodoldaze

Programmed several channels in scanner and it was working well. Did something and it is stuck in all loc out mode. Have tried everything in the manual and cannot get out of teh all loc mode. when scanning. Works in search mode and can find the channels manually but wont exit the all loc mode when i press scan. H.E.L P

dmg1969

The problem is exactly what it says...you locked out all of the channels you programmed. Press Hold, then the number 1 button and then Hold again. That should take you to channel 1 (assuming that you started programming on channel 1. Press the Lockout (L/O) button to unlock it. Then use the rotary knob on top to advance through the channels and unlock the ones you want to monitor.

triguy1951

All Loc Out

I had this problem to. Here is how I accidentally created it (and later solved)
• Understanding that “All Loc Out” will display and Search will NOT function if;
A. There are NO Frequencies stored and you try to do a Search -OR-;
B. If the Channel Banks that DO have Frequencies stored in them are DISABLED, and you try to do a Search
C. In BOTH A and B above, “All Loc Out” will display EVEN if you do NOT have anything locked out.

Here is specificity how this happened to me
• I had many Frequencies stored; Bank # 1 was full with 30. Bank # 2 also has some.
• Banks 3 to 0 (10) were empty
• I accidently DISABLED Bank 1 and Bank 2 (which had frequencies stored), Bank 9 was ENABLED, but Bank 9 was empty. A search attempt revealed “All Loc Out”
o The solution is to ENABLE Bank 1 (which had frequencies stored), and Search resumes. To ENABLE Bank 1 (which had frequencies stored);
o Press Scan, the “All Loc Out” text on display AND the text SCAN to it’s lower left will display, now Press the “1” key and Search resumes.

My Uniden Bearcat is a BC75XLT and the Owner Manual does NOT explain it this way. The other threads on this site did NOT explain it this way.

The Manual does describe how to UNLOCK Frequencies by performing the sequence of ;
• Press AND hold the L/O key UNTILL the 2 beeps sound, the press the “E” key and the CLEAr text will display. This is a useful feature also, but is NOT the same circumstance as the problem of “All Loc Out” described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.