BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 105 firm ware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

i just got this 436hp . i put 105 firmware update on it its choppy sounding and recives crapy. so i put 103 femware back on now picking up like it did at first good. here are some things i notice about this scanner misses a lot of stuff being broadcasted i did a test between my old pro 106 and 436 well i would have to say 106 blows doors off 436 it do not recive as fast as my pro 106 also the speaker always sound kind of muffled my buddy have 436 has same thing happen but its a great scanner but misses alot and muffled sound not bad o other than have to have scanner off to charge scanner that suck to but not a bad scanner so if any one could tell me how to clear up sound and how to make it stop miss stuff please do thanks for your time

Herodog

yep put 105 firm ware back on did it today 436 woorking great still a tinny bit muffled but no way near what i had almost perfect thats guy for your help up and working great now thanks

D

darunimal

Yes they are several things you can try, some say they help some say the older firmware is better, First I would check to see how many bars of signal strength I have, if less than 2-3 or 3-2 you can try antenna adjustments or simple 1, 2 or 3 inch movement away from other electronics, outlets, Wifi modems or routers (check to see if you are in the middle of 2 towers, i get better decode at home with Attenuation on and squelch higher like 8-11) Maybe even point it at the router (nulling out the routers signal) Turn the scanner left or right, i havta put mine behind the charging port on my BCD396t or I wont get as many bars. Then when you have the best signal you can get in your home (maybe a weird, unusual spot or close to a window). Then press the function then the volume knob, then function then volume knob again, You will see the p25 decode threshold, err --- is errors, and 5 (-through 13) auto, the numbers changing on the lower are technical numbers (not much info for us none technicians) the upper left number is errors (---) when you hear/have a transmission, now the upper right numbers are the P25 Threshold Auto adjusting number (once again its 5-13) if it fluctuate between 3 or 4 numbers on the upper right you're okay leave it at on Auto. If that upper right number swings wildly like 12 to 7 and then 6 to 13 and/or you dont hear anything (during transmission and the decode erros are above 40 constantly, go into the site and change the P25 Threshold Mode to Manual and then unto p25 Threshold Level put it at something in the middle, lets say 9, Then watch how many errors you have, once you get to or very close to 0 - 15 errors, go 1 above, so lets say 9 gets 1-13errors go ahead and put it on 10 watch and listen. Then on channels/TGIDs some say to lower the volume to -1 to correct some distortion, i keep my AGC Digital to off on Motorola 800 I and II systems, I would personally check into getting a RS-800 antenna, especially if your local system is in the 380mhz's or above. Turn Battery Save Off under settings, this basically extends battery life my going dead for 400ms every second ( i believe or every other second). If your monitoring 1 system you can accomplish battery save by holding on 1 system,

And by god what ever you do don't leave the backlight on high for infinite or squelch, it better to have a Mid level LED than to have no light at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.