Hilton Head Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
As far as Public Safety agencies go, you can monitor HHI Fire/Rescue on the Palmetto P25 system. All Law Enforcement is encrypted.

You can monitor SCHP and other state agencies on the Palmetto 800 system, program the Bluffton site. You'll also hear Jasper County and Hampton County agencies on that system.

If you're near the water, the marine channels might be a good choice.

If you're in to Mil Air, MCAS Beaufort is fairly close, so you might catch some activity from jets if they're active.

There are plenty of businesses and security agencies active on HHI, but I don't know how many of those are active on analog radio systems anymore. I suspect plenty have migrated to DMR or NXDN systems by now. If you have SDR capabilities, it's probably a rich environment.

I'll be at Hilton Head in just a couple of weeks for a short visit, and I'll report what I hear.

rbryant76

Resurrecting an old thread here..but I am slated to go in a few weeks (staying at the SeaCrest).

Im curious as to what I'll hear..would be cool to hear some Coast Guard stuff.

I'll plan on eavesdropping on some CB traffic on the way down.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
My message above from July 2015 is still pretty accurate. There are plenty of analog business and golf course management frequencies active as well as DMR repeaters, if you have DMR monitoring capability. Let me know if you want details about that.

I have never had success monitoring the USCG or MCAS Beaufort activity, but I haven't spent a lot of time trying.

Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.