What will Unitrunker do for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-One

...and what else do I need to make it more useful? What cool stuff will Unitrunker allow me to do that I am not thinking of?

Right now I mainly I listen to my HomePatrol-1 which has the Extreme Upgrade. I have an interest in identifying unknown TGs but mainly Unit IDs.

I know that if I go the SDR route, and I probably will as an inexpensive alternative, Unitrunker will be invaluable, but I haven't gone that route yet.

stmills

Unitrunker provides a nice visual of what activity is happening. I used it without SDR along with a single scanner to identify traffic that may be of interest going on. Now that I have jumped into the SDR use I really enjoy using Unitrunker. The ability to use priority settings across the system is very nice.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I enjoy unitrunker quite a bit. Like Steve said it gives a nice representation of whats going on, what talk groups are active, who's using what talk group, etc. It's a nice supplement to simply listening and gives you a better overall picture of how it all works and makes it easy to see if you're missing something of interest like activity on L-tac 1.

davef3138

Feed Provider
Comparing Unitrunker and Pro96com side by side, Pro96com seems to show many more affiliation/deny events than Unitrunker does.

I confirmed this by doing an experiment: I utilized a piece of software that "splits" a serial port into two virtual ones, so that I could feed identical control channel output from a 396XT to both applications.

I haven't tried this again for a few years, perhaps Unitrunker works better now.

-Dave

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I have a pile of uids for unitrunker retro or pro96 if you set it up...I have most of hubbard figured out...

B-One

I have been working on UIDs for Hubbard as well and can send what I have to you. Are yours in a text file?

B-One

I don't think that Pro96com will work with my HP-1.

I am finding some of the joins and denials interesting. Why might a particular radio be denied on a site?

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I have a huge excel book with ids tgs sites and other info radios get denied if the tg they try to connect with isnt allowed on that site... ill send u a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.