Memphis ham DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Hi All!

I was passing through Memphis this weekend and attempted the new DMR repeater that is showing up on DMR-MARC website. I couldn't raise the repeater with the frequency / color code.

I have heard someone on North America from Memphis, and also I have seen on the DMR watch traffic from the Memphis repeater.

Does anyone know if the frequency / CC is wrong on the site?

CC1

Thanks!
Travis

ka4bni

Feed Provider
According to the DMR-MARC web site the repeater is setup a the following:
DMR-MARC Memphis, Tennesee
W4LET 443.0215 +5 MHz, Color Code 1

(C-bridge partner of DMR-MARC)

Time Slot #1 - Group Call 1 = Worldwide (PTT activated with 5 min inactivity timeout)
Time Slot #1 - Group Call 3 = North America
Time Slot #1 - Group Call 13= Worldwide English
Time Slot #2 - group Call 3147= TN Statewide
Time Slot #2- Group Call 2 = Memphis Metro

Alan McClain - KA4BNI

ka4bni

Feed Provider
The repeater frequency is 443.0125 +5 mhz.(instead of 443.0215). I programmed it in my XPR4550 mobile and I'm picking up traffic on the north America Group Call in the mornings.

jpryor

Good catch on the Memphis frequency issue on DMR MARC. I attempted to email the owner at all listed emails I could find but all had bounced.

The Nashville DMR repeater is also now on the air as of last night at temp location. The owner will be moving it up to the permanent repeater location in the near future.

I've setup my DMR capable portables with a number of zones now for TN coverage including scanning and roaming, which I may need to test out at some point when in east TN in particular.

ChicagoLand - Nashville, TN
WA4BGK 444.525 +5 MHz, Color Code 1

Time Slot #1 - Group Call 1 = Worldwide (PTT)
Time Slot #2- Group Call 2 = Local

ropin4gold

Do you have anymore details on the nashville repeater? Like permanent location or coverage area. I have really been wanting to get a dmr radio and want to see if it covers my area...

neoific

Premium Subscriber
Good catch on the Memphis frequency issue on DMR MARC. I attempted to email the owner at all listed emails I could find but all had bounced.

The Nashville DMR repeater is also now on the air as of last night at temp location. The owner will be moving it up to the permanent repeater location in the near future.

I've setup my DMR capable portables with a number of zones now for TN coverage including scanning and roaming, which I may need to test out at some point when in east TN in particular.

ChicagoLand - Nashville, TN
WA4BGK 444.525 +5 MHz, Color Code 1

Time Slot #1 - Group Call 1 = Worldwide (PTT)
Time Slot #2- Group Call 2 = Local

Thanks for the callout! 443.0125 is the correct frequency, and we use TG9 on TS2 for local traffic. I've contacted DMR-MARC to have them fix our entry -- seems to have been a data entry issue when they initially added it, and none of us had caught that.

Thanks,
Ryan K0RET

kk4ioh

Premium Subscriber
The repeater frequency is 443.0125 +5 mhz.(instead of 443.0215). I programmed it in my XPR4550 mobile and I'm picking up traffic on the north America Group Call in the mornings.

I wonder if we are still on the road at the same time. I used to catch you on your system some in the mornings.

I will try to catch you on Local. I'm usually rolling between 6:15 and 6:25 until just before 7am.

We also have TAC-310 on the 2nd timeslot as a user activated. I dont see it listed in this post.

kk4ioh

Premium Subscriber
W4LET 443.0125 +5 MHz, Color Code 1

GC1 TS1 IPSC On-demand - Worldwide (5min Time-Out)
GC113 TS1 IPSC Permanent - WorldWide English
GC3 TS1 IPSC Permanent - North America
GC9999 TS1 IPSC On-Demand - Audio Test (parrot) (5Min Time-Out)

GC3174 TS2 IPSC Permanent - Southeast
GC310 TS2 IPSC On-Demand - TAC310 (5Min Time-Out)
GC9 TS2 Permanent - Local Memphis

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I wonder if we are still on the road at the same time. I used to catch you on your system some in the mornings.

I will try to catch you on Local. I'm usually rolling between 6:15 and 6:25 until just before 7am.

We also have TAC-310 on the 2nd timeslot as a user activated. I dont see it listed in this post.
My 440 System has severely dwindled down since we've been putting in the new statewide trunked radio system. I've lost my tower access at Williston, McNairy Co, Henderson Co, Lauderdale Co, and Obion County. I still have my 444.875 at Jackson. I'm considering converting it to a DMR sometime in the future. I have to get internet access to the tower site first.

scannerdude12

Premium Subscriber

Roaming works great! I was traveling to Mountain City and my radio was handing off, automatically, between the Greenville and Tri-Cities repeater on the TN Statewide talk group. Works great when there's overlapping coverage.

I set my roaming RSSI to -100 dbm and I've found that to be a good setting.

Radios used while travelling through that area were XPR5550 and XPR7550.

Sorry to resurrect a year old thread but it fits here. Is the Memphis DMR repeater still active or has it shifted to a different flavor (IE: Brandmeister)? It just seems there is never anyone on it........
Thanks, Andy

RadioCopFFFR

The Memphis DMR Repeater is not connected to a C Bridge at this time. There is also a couple of other issues going on with the repeater's receive amplifier. Unknown when those issues will be corrected. There are a few people that do pop up on there occasionally.

kk4ioh

Premium Subscriber
The rcv issues are now repaired. The repeater is working great now with wide area coverage.

We are on Brand Meister and have created and are using TS2 TG3 14706 for Local (instead of TG9).

Currently TN Statewide is static on TS2 but it's possible it may move to TS1 if there tends to be too much traffic.

TS1 is being left open for Dynamic/PTT links and scheduled links except for 3147 which is on TS2 presently.

Sending TG4000 via PTT will unlink when you are done.
Please no Linking on TS2.

We often link to 3105 (AR) and 310501 NSX Local (Little Rock).

The dashboard and last heard are located here:
https://brandmeister.network/?page=repeater&id=314706

Initial tests show coverage with Handhelds match the red area on the BM coverage maps.

clementrw

Premium Subscriber
I just received my new DMR radio this evening, and I am amazed at how well it works! Is this repeater individually maintained, or is there a club supporting it? Do you have any nets? Thanks for providing this awesome capability to the Memphis area!

Rickey/AE6QE

kk4ioh

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a rogue space in my post above. for Local its TS2 TG 314706

We are working on a Mixed Mode repeater now that will be linked to 314706 the same as W4LET is.

W4LET is owned and maintained by the Leading Edge ARC. It is an open repeater but is technically a privately owned repeater.

as for nets on Thursday night the 3105 Net will link automatically on TS1 TG3105. This is more of a round table discussion most of the time with guest presenters and guest net controls from time to time.

There is a TN Statewide Net on Friday night on TS2 TG 3147 once a month. The rest of the month everyone just gathers and chats a bit but it is not a formal net.

There is no local net presently. I saw you on the Dashboard yesterday. There are quite a few people on the repeater.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
digging up an old thread but i finally purchased a XPR7550, when im in Southaven ill try to get in

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
im staying at the Home2 in Southaven, was able to hit the repeater but i did drop out, audio quality is great BTW, looks like they have a repeater in Horn Lake as well but it doesnt look to be set up

Status
Not open for further replies.