Homepatrol 1 favorites list problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtlfirebuff

Feed Provider
Using the Sentinel software I created a favorites list that I want to monitor. When I loaded it to the scanner the scanner told me no channels loaded and to check the service types, distance and avoids list. There are no avoids, the distance is fine because the agencies are right near my home. When I checked the service types there were certain ones the scanner would not let me choose (they were locked out). I believe this to be the problem. My questions are:
How can I unlock the service types? or
If I cannot unlock the service types, should I edit them in the Sentinel software to be types that are already unlocked?
Many thanks in advance

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Using the Sentinel software I created a favorites list that I want to monitor. When I loaded it to the scanner the scanner told me no channels loaded and to check the service types, distance and avoids list. There are no avoids, the distance is fine because the agencies are right near my home. When I checked the service types there were certain ones the scanner would not let me choose (they were locked out). I believe this to be the problem. My questions are:
How can I unlock the service types? or
If I cannot unlock the service types, should I edit them in the Sentinel software to be types that are already unlocked?
Many thanks in advance

If there are service types that you can't enable in the HP's menu, that means that whatever has been selected for scanning at that time does not contain anything that is designated with that service type. That is the only reason you will see that.

Check in the Sentinel profile editor to be sure the favorites list has both "Monitor" and "Download" set to on, and "Location" set to no before sending it to the scanner.

mtlfirebuff

Feed Provider
I have 3 favorites lists. Only one works. For the others I get this message:
Warning
All channels that are in range have been avoided. Change the service type selections, your location or the range setting or review and remove some avoids.

I have no avoids., I have increased the range, I cannot changes the service types.

I am very frustrated. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Monitor and download set to on and location set to no.

phask

Premium Subscriber
explain HOW you created it?

Are they conventional or trunked?

If trunked, first thing is make sure you did not delete or not enter any sites.

Do you have location on for them?

I have 3 favorites lists. Only one works. For the others I get this message:
Warning
All channels that are in range have been avoided. Change the service type selections, your location or the range setting or review and remove some avoids.

I have no avoids., I have increased the range, I cannot changes the service types.

I am very frustrated. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Monitor and download set to on and location set to no.

mtlfirebuff

Feed Provider
Good questions. The system is RSP Montreal (Quebec Canada). Its an Edacs system. Originally I had picked and chose which channels I wanted to listen to. Based on your questions I loaded the whole system and then avoided the parts I did not want to listen to. The system now loaded which it did not do before.Its night time here now and not much activity. I will take the scanner to work tomorrow during the day and see what happens. Thanks for now.

dmg1969

Did you enter the sites or just the talk groups? I made that mistake when I first got my HP-1 and got that message.

mtlfirebuff

Feed Provider
I had not entered the whole system. Now have entered the whole system and then avoided those talkgroups that I do not want to listen to. I am now scanning but not receiving transmissions (I have an older scanner running next to it). Playing with the squelch and range to find the right combo.
Thanks to all and will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.