Status
Not open for further replies.

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
1b0bb7fc08478d10bbe2a3ec8847c141.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
These frequencies are listed in the fcc database but are not on radio reference database. There are delta airlines trunked frequencies here at JFK airport

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
Also what kind of trunking system is it

nd5y

According to the emission designators on the license (7K60FXE) it is a DMR or MOTOTRBO system which you can't receive on any scanner.

scooter1968

good evening all, i have also learned that if you only punch in the control frequencies, the scanner will do the rest........good luck

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
I would guess that those FB (fixed base ) frequencies are the control frequencies?

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
According to the emission designators on the license (7K60FXE) it is a DMR or MOTOTRBO system which you can't receive on any scanner.
7K60FXE. ???

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
What are the control frequencies. FB or MO

scooter1968

the control frequencies will be shown in red, put those for how many places you want to use, and you should be good to go, i own a BCD 396 XT

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
My little research
Smh

General Information
MOTOTRBO is a Motorola digital radio product marketed primarily to business/industrial users. The format is based on, and compatible with the European 2-slot DMR standard and uses Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) to effectively accommodate two simultaneous users. A single 12.5 kHz channel is able to carry two simultaneous and independent conversations, or simultaneous and independent voice and data paths each with 6.25 kHz equivalency, however the bandwidth of DMR exceedes the maximum required for UHF 6.25 kHz channel centers. Operation of different talkgroups and talkpaths similar to trunking is possible, as is wide-area operation through IP connectivity. MOTOTRBO transceivers and repeater stations may be retrocompatible with analog FM using CTCSS or CDCSS.
Emission designators for MOTOTRBO: 7K60FXE (voice), 7K60FXD (data).
MOTOTRBO is based on the following ETSI standards:
ETSI TS 102 361-1 Air interface
ETSI TS 102 361-2 Voice and generic services and facilities
ETSI TS 102 361-3 Data protocol
ETSI TS 102 361-4 Trunking protocol
Additional information on DMR is available through the Digital Mobile Radio Association.
Monitoring TRBO
No scanner can monitor this digital format by itself but it can be monitored with DSD. Other decoding efforts have been started, such as Ian Wraith's DMRDecode. DMRDecode is unable to decode audio.
DMRDecode is compatible with some SDRs via piping (sending audio thru utilities such as Virtual Audio Cable) including the RTL-SDR.
DMR Decoding Forum Discussion
While decoding
CACH is Common Announcement Channel
TACT is TDMA Access Channel Type
LC is Link Control
EMB is Embedded signalling field
CSBK is Control Signalling Block

nd5y

FB2 is the repeater output frequency. MO is mobile or repeater input.
For trunked systems you program the repeater outputs.
In your case it is irrelevant because a BCD436HP will not receive DMR.

jeremyzone

Bazil, as nd5y explained, you can't listen to this system because it is a digital format (DMR/TRBO) that your scanner doesn't understand. In fact, no scanner on the market can understand it.

The emission designator is part of the license. More info on the wiki
Emission Designator - The RadioReference Wiki

All of the frequencies marked "MO" are the input frequencies. If you had a scanner capable of decoding DMR, you would ignore these frequencies. The "FB" frequencies would be the ones you would want to monitor. One of them will be the control channel. It is impossible to tell which one is the control channel based on the FCC data

If you were really interested in monitoring this system, you could try using DSD or DSD+ with one of the cheap RTL-SDR dongles. You will be limited though because you can't trunk track DMR with Unitrunker at this point. The other approach would be to buy an actual DMR radio that supports trunking and program it for receive only...

Voyager

+1. Can't trunk or decode MotoTRBO - No scanner can trunk it. One scanner can monitor it in conventional mode for $1200. Or you can just get an SDR and use DSD+ on a PC.

ecps92

He is looking at the FCC license not the RRDB so Colors where someone else determined the "CC" won't help.

He needs to Read the Duplicate thread he started :roll:

the control frequencies will be shown in red, put those for how many places you want to use, and you should be good to go, i own a BCD 396 XT

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If this is truly a trunked system, all of the frequencies shown in that FCC license page could be programmed as control channels. The scanner will figure out which one it is and do it's thing.

FB2 is a mobile relay or repeater frequency. FB2A is a mobile relay or repeater for airline terminal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.