BCD536HP Trunking Talkgroup issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
i'm having issues that I've tried everything I can think of to solve the problem... I've had this scanner scanning the same system for over a year now. For some reason the last month 1 of the trunking talkgroups has bleed over from a different Talkgroup on top of having it usual radio traffic. I have tried setting the End Code to Analog and Digital, I've reset the scanner to Factory Settings and re-programmed it again, but it's still doing it. It doesn't do it on my actual fire radio handheld just on a scanner. I tried a different scanner and it doesn't do it on the other scanner, so I'm not sure why my BCD536HP is acting this way... Has anyone else had this problem of another Talkgroup interfering with the main talkgroups? Thanks!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
1. Does this happen with just the one TG.
2. Does this TG have to be active and the 2nd TG become active to happen.
3. Have they added a new site close to your location.
I say this because because someone has added a high power TRBO or NXDN system in our area as we are hearing digital data on squelch tails on scanners, motorola radios, kenwood radios. This is happening at dispatch centers, cars, home you name it VHF and UHF both. Our dealer has ask me I have had no luck finding said radio system yet.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
1. It only happens with 1 TG.
2 no the TG doesn't have to be active, the bleed over activates it like it was a regular transmission. The bleed over is from another TG on the Sheriff's TG, same system but different TG number.
3. No new sites or frequencies

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Would be nice to see this data stream with something like pro96com.
Does this do this with all Users on this talk group or just a few?
What are the 2 TG ID's?
How far are you from the TRS tower site?
It would be a pain but you could convert all the Dec TG's to Hex TG's and see if the problem goes away.
P25 site or analog?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure they aren't patching the TG's?

They shouldn't be... 1 TG is a County Fire dispatch channel and the other TG is the County Sheriff Info/Teletype channel... They would have no reason for the 2 to be patched. And besides when I listen on my County Fire radio it doesn't come up, only happens on my scanner...

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Would be nice to see this data stream with something like pro96com.
Does this do this with all Users on this talk group or just a few?
What are the 2 TG ID's?
How far are you from the TRS tower site?
It would be a pain but you could convert all the Dec TG's to Hex TG's and see if the problem goes away.
P25 site or analog?

It's Analog. And I've tried just using the Hex TG, still happens. The TG this is happening on is Dec 34320 and the interfering TG is 27216

Now I would be willing to try the Pro96Com thing you're talking about if you can tell me what it does... Is it like a UniTrunker thing where it logs all traffic?

Voyager

Are you using the latest firmware? I know you mentioned looking at it, but make sure the Analog End Code is enabled. If it isn't the transmissions you are hearing may be riding the coat tails of the other transmissions.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Pro96com works mostly with gre built scanners for P25 data streams if you are using unitrunker that is the same type data. Does it do it all the time or can you find where multiple TG's are active at the sametime.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the latest firmware? I know you mentioned looking at it, but make sure the Analog End Code is enabled. If it isn't the transmissions you are hearing may be riding the coat tails of the other transmissions.

Yep End Code is enabled. I have both Analog and Digital End Codes enabled. And Yes on latest firmware.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Pro96com works mostly with gre built scanners for P25 data streams if you are using unitrunker that is the same type data. Does it do it all the time or can you find where multiple TG's are active at the sametime.

I don't have a GRE, it's a Uniden BCD536 so I guess I'd have to use UniTrunker. It doesn't happen all the time just intermittently, but I run a live scanner audio feed off it and I've had to lockout this TG because it's broadcasting Police stuff on my Fire feed. So I need to try to fix it somehow.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have any input on this?? I found out what the interference was. The channel that is being interfered is a Fire-Rescue Tactical channel that units use to respond to calls on. The offending interfering channel is a Sheriff's Inquiry/Info channel. When I use my radio or another scanner it doesn't do it, it only occurs on my BCD536HP. I've tried wiping the memory and re-writing the data, everything...

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Where do I find that at? And what does IFX do or not do?

Voyager

It does just what it says - exchanges the IF frequency used and will eliminate image issues with strong signals. You can "find it" by stopping on the problem channel then hitting FUNC 7 (IFX).

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm thanks! I'll try it now! :]

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
My only thing is these 2 channels are on the same trunked system and they're both talkgroups so I'm not sure about signals being strong or not, I thought talkgroups on the same trunked system have equally-strengthed signals.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
But I could be wrong, :] I'll try your IFX thingy and see! Thanks :]

Voyager

That may not work, then. When you were talking about Fire and SO channels, I thought you were talking about conventional frequencies. On a trunked system, any user on the same frequency will be subject to the same interference.

Is it possible this is from two different trunk systems?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
No, this is why I'm so confused and begging for help... They're both on the same system. Just different talkgroups, and the talkgroups aren't even like only 1 or 2 digits away from each other, there's a whole 17,000 digit apart difference. And they aren't mistakenly patched together I've already considered that. The weird thing is it ONLY happens on my BCD536HP scanner, not my radio or any other scanners I have, just my 1.....

Status
Not open for further replies.