Bridgecom Systems announces a new 220 MHz Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bridgecom Systems, Inc is pleased to announce the availability of a 220
MHz Handheld radio to the amateur radio market.

Introducing the BCH-220 Handheld radio. It operates between 222-225 MHz,
1.25m, and features user selectable 5 or 2 Watts. Other features
included: LCD Display, DTMF Keypad, 199 channels, 50 CTCSS/105 DCS,
durable, good battery life, light weight at 230 grams and it is a
perfect size to fit in the palm of your hand. For a full list of
features and a specs visit
BridgeCom BCH-220 Handheld Radio – BridgeCom Systems, Inc. or call 816-532-8451.

Bridgecom Systems, Inc. was established in 2004 and is located in
Smithville, MO. We specialize in the development of communications
equipment for land mobile radio and remote monitoring industries. Our
first product to market was an analog FM community repeater available in
both UHF and VHF. Since that time, we developed an LTR controller and a
new repeater series called the BCR available in UHF, 220 MHz and VHF.
Bridgecom Systems signature product is called TL-NET. TL-NET is a
multi-site wide area linking product that links RF sites including: LTR,
conventional, digital, P25 and more. As a third-party developer for
MOTOTRBO products, TL-NET also allows for various enhancements to
MOTOTRBO digital repeaters operating in IP-Site connect mode.

In addition, we offer concept to reality engineering for your design and
manufacturing needs. Our services include electronic and software
engineering and complete turn-key communication solutions.

As the industry evolves we are committed to developing outstanding
products that meet our customers' needs.

BridgeCom Systems, Inc
102 NE State Route 92 Hwy, Ste C
Smithville, MO 64089
BridgeCom Systems Your Source for Amateur Ham, LMR, & Commercial Radio – BridgeCom Systems, Inc.
(816)532-8451

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Bridgecom Systems

It's good to see an American based company participating especially in the amateur market especially though not limited to the 220 MHz market, as well as being another source for digital mode equipment for both the commercial and amateur markets.
Good luck and success to Bridgecom Systems :).

Max :cool:

n2nov

I am curious as to what non-ham FM analog 220 market they are gearing this for? Hams are 222-225 Mhz, ACSB trunked and conventional are on the 220-222 section (used to be ham before the mid-90's) and there are LTR Passport on the 217-219 section.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
According to the press release that Lindsay posted "Introducing the BCH-220 Handheld radio. It operates between 222-225 MHz..."

N4KVE

Wow, $85. That should get some activity on 220. But, it's just another one of the many current Chinese imports. I used to be on 220, but sold my equipment. However, I can still get on the 220 machine in the next county through the 900 link. I wish them luck.

mm

I sure hope that it is not based on the Boefeng UV82X, 220/146MHz model, as this handheld has the absolute worst transmitter design with numerous spurious emissions at a level of only -28 dBc.

I would really like to see a spectrum analyzer plot of the transmitter at all output power levels while being load pulled into a 1:1 up to a 5:1 VSWR, around the smith chart, before I purchase another low priced handheld.

KD8DVR

I sure hope that it is not based on the Boefeng UV82X, 220/146MHz model, as this handheld has the absolute worst transmitter design with numerous spurious emissions at a level of only -28 dBc.

I would really like to see a spectrum analyzer plot of the transmitter at all output power levels while being load pulled into a 1:1 up to a 5:1 VSWR, around the smith chart, before I purchase another low priced handheld.

Really? The UV82X is *that* dirty? Bummer. I have one.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar

You can bet at that price point, it's another WOC based CCR, with performance accordingly.

mm

The new Rigol ~1.5GHZ spec Ananalyzer is going for a really nice price, all hams should have a method of measuring their equipment and I don't mean using a MFJ or Bird watt meter either.

One would be surprised at how spurious many of the low priced and even some mid priced radios are.

MeddleMan

narrow bandable

I wonder if it would really be necessary or even advantageous to operate narrow band on this quiet band?

JRayfield

Typical range of narrowband FM as compared to wideband FM is considerably less, as much as 20% to 30% less in many cases. The only advantage that I've seen of narrowband FM to wideband FM is that it allows for more 'channels' within a given amount frequency spectrum, assuming that the 'channel plan' allows for this.

John Rayfield, Jr.
W0PM

I wonder if it would really be necessary or even advantageous to operate narrow band on this quiet band?

BridgeCom

Update: Prototype testing is complete and expected delivery is in September. The radio does originate from China built to BridgeCom's Specs.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
looking at the spec sheet.
radio looks good.
saw a mention of spurs in another post ....... this says spurs and harmonics are less than or equal to -65 dB thats not too bad, thats in the range of commerical equipment. and with intermod less than or equal to -60dB the radio is worth looking at.

BridgeCom

BCH-220 Now Shipping

It is with great excitement that BridgeCom Systems is now shipping the BCH-220 HT radio. Let me know if you have questions about he radio, I'd be happy to answer them on this forum, call or email.
Thanks!
Tim

mikepdx

Very interested, but...

A couple of questions:

Where on earth on your site
is a download or even a place to buy programming software?

Will a Baofeng UV-5R programming cable program this model?

Thank you.

BridgeCom

Support Page

You can download the software from the support page. Unfortunately the only cable that we have tested that programs the radio is the one we offer, so far.

W8WCA

Very interested, but...

A couple of questions:

Where on earth on your site
is a download or even a place to buy programming software?

Will a Baofeng UV-5R programming cable program this model?

Thank you.

There is a link on their site - to "some" Software for it: I do not know what it does as I see no info on it.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0833/9095/files/BridgeComSystem_BCH220_V1.0_150915.exe

The link is broken fwiiw - it is on this page: Support – BridgeCom Systems, Inc.

But this is it and it does not work https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...em_BCH220_V1.0_150915.exe?4354799415002723606

You have to trim off the junk at the end of the line

Status
Not open for further replies.