Monitoring Ohio State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

huffman88aaron

Premium Subscriber
I have a bcd536hp and i am using arc536 to program it. I have downloaded Ohio state patrol talk groups and marcs tower frequencies that cover a wide range in my area from the RR database. I live in Wheelersburg- Scioto County and I want to monitor OSP District 8 and 9 but I don't hear much activity on the scanner. I don't think my area has switched to the new p25 system yet. I do hear some activity early in the morning. Any help is appreciated!

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
If you are setting up the old MARCS system make sure the band plans are right

Make sure you set it up as a custom bandplan if it will let you.

Band plan-1
Offset is 440
Spacing is 25

Band plan-2
Offset 0
Spacing 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

huffman88aaron

Premium Subscriber
I will give it a try when I get home from work and I will post an update soon. I also get quite a bit of data bursts too.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about the data burst might be that the band plan in messed up. I have it on my 396xt and I don't hear that

huffman88aaron

Premium Subscriber
I went in and clicked edit motorola band plane on arc536. Itt already has the offsets to 0 and 440 and spacing programmed to 25. Motorola band plane is set to custom/rebanded. I downloaded these from RR Database so I didn't edit anything. My antenna is antennacraft st2 on my roof.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding that no OSP units are on IP. I hear them great on MARCS 3.5

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
You can use any software you want you still won't hear OSP on MARCS IP. OSP is the reason MARCS 3.5 was not turned off in March. I use both Sentinel and ARC and I hear OSP fine on my 436.

phask

Premium Subscriber
OP Said MARCS - not IP.

If you use Sentinel it will set the bandplans (if that is the issue) I imagine ARC will - but I hate the damm program and refuse to start it up to see.

To the OP - how many sites do you have loded, and are they the correct ones.
? Too many slows it down.

Are you in ID Search or ID Scan - ? Use ID Search to see if you get anything, or have the wrong TG's loaded.

I've had no issue since MARCS re-banded and had to manually enter bandplans before the DB was updated.

You can use any software you want you still won't hear OSP on MARCS IP. OSP is the reason MARCS 3.5 was not turned off in March. I use both Sentinel and ARC and I hear OSP fine on my 436.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
Ok I see your point. I read the part about not being on the new P25 system and thought he was looking for them on IP.

In that case do you have the correct services turned on?

Last edited:

huffman88aaron

Premium Subscriber
OP Said MARCS - not IP.

If you use Sentinel it will set the bandplans (if that is the issue) I imagine ARC will - but I hate the damm program and refuse to start it up to see.

To the OP - how many sites do you have loded, and are they the correct ones.
? Too many slows it down.

Are you in ID Search or ID Scan - ? Use ID Search to see if you get anything, or have the wrong TG's loaded.

I've had no issue since MARCS re-banded and had to manually enter bandplans before the DB was updated.

I have quite a bit of sites in my surrounding area set. I live in wheelersburg so I'll upload a list of those sites later when I get home from work. I have a pro2096 and I've upgraded to the bcd536. It's been several years since I have scanned but I'm just now getting back into it. I prefer arc from butel its seems more user friendly for my preference. I still hope I can fix the data burst noise too.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If your receiving a data burst it might be a frequency used specifically for a mobile computer. MARCS Frequencies are being switched over to the new system quicker than we hobbyists can keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.