• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

"Radio Model Number does not match" bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDWA

Premium Subscriber
First off - I tried searching to see if this has already been answered - if it has, I'm sorry - I couldn't find it!

My question: Using CPS 20.01.00, is there a way to bypass the "Radio Model Number does not match" error when trying to clone a radio? I am trying to clone an XTS5000 M2 onto an XTS5000 M3; the obvious difference in model numbers being the full keypad vs. the limited controls. I've run into this problem in the past with some XTS3000's and ended up manually re-entering the data for the models with the keypad.

Is there a way to bypass this issue? A simple edit to the codeplug file with a hex editor? Or is there a more sinister and complex reason CPS can't clone a "simpler" radio to a more "complex" radio?

Thanks in advance!

tyler3328

Drag

You can open up two windows of the CPS. For both so you can see both windows open the radio you want to clone and then on the other window open the plug the plug you want From the window with the plug you want click on the serial number on the top. You can click and drag that over the the other window. Lay it on the other serial number and it will drag and drop. Be aware that this doesn't transfer key data, radio alias Id or system keys. Then double check everything then hit write

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Since the radios are different types of the same model cloning or doing what tyler said is not a good idea. You will have less issues if you do the drag and drop as described by tyler but do one thing at a time. Drag and drop your conventional personalities, mdc systems, trunk systems, trunked personalities, zones, scan lists, ect. If you drag the entire codeplug from a model 2 into a model 3 or visa versa you're going to have a lot of clean up work to do when you're done.

SCPD

QRT
In your case drag n drop is prefered. I'd you run into a error not copying over make sure if the original radio Is say 50 personalities for example and 5 mdc personalities make sure your target radio has the same amount of raw personalities made if you need them to copy over. Seen some stumped at that. The same auld apply to astro or other personality windows. So to copy 10 conv personalities and 4 mdc personalities just make the 4 basic mdc personalities and the 10 basic conventional personalities then copy your data across into it. It should copy no problems.

SDWA

Premium Subscriber
Never even considered D&D'ing the serial number... but it worked! Thanks for the help everyone!

RKG

Another approach is to "export" all data from the source radio to a CSV file and then "import" from the file to the target.

As with drag and drop, you then have to proof read the "new" codeplug carefully, as not everything will be transferred. I don't recall issues with system keys (which aren't part of the codeplug, anyhow); my pet peeve is that Call Lists (used for aliasing Caller ID) aren't transferred.

Last edited:

ccsd157

Premium Subscriber
Clone Issue

I am running into an issue with the D&D feature. I am trying to drop into another codeplug but for some reason the System & ID indicates that it is not a valid system, although it matches the only trunking system loaded. I have the correct ASK loaded and everything else seems to transfer fine.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.