Stadium event frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwh51990

I have been informed that they've gone digital, no frequencies given and may be L8TR. Any info would be appreciated.

KB1UAM

Gillette Stadium is now on MOTOTRBO Capacity plus on 464.4500 and 451.500, think there's a 3rd frequency in use. I work for security at Gillette they use the new 7550s and also the non-display radios. we also have the ability to send text messages via the radios, unsure if that uses a 3rd frequency or not or if one of the 2 are in use

n1das

Gillette Stadium is now on MOTOTRBO Capacity plus on 464.4500 and 451.500, think there's a 3rd frequency in use. I work for security at Gillette they use the new 7550s and also the non-display radios. we also have the ability to send text messages via the radios, unsure if that uses a 3rd frequency or not or if one of the 2 are in use

Try 451.825 as a possible 3rd freq.

I was at Gillette Stadium for the first time and attending the AC/DC concert over the weekend. I did a lot of searching around in the 450-470 range with my 396xt handheld while waiting in my car before and after the event. I kept getting hits on 451.825 with lots of MOTOTRBO traffic. Obviously I can't decode DMR/MOTOTOTRBO with the 396xt but I recognized the very familiar BUZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz<end> of MOTOTRBO / DMR modulation. From listening to the buzz of DMR modulation I tell the repeat hang time for group calls is set at the default of 3 seconds and the total system idle time (SIT) is set at the default of 6 seconds. The behavior is identical to my Hytera DMR repeater I currently have on the air at home on 440. It's definitely DMR stuff I'm hearing on 451.825. The signal strength was strong enough to get regular CC hits on 451.825 with the 396xt.

I saw a lot of 7550s in use.

Last edited:

cwh51990

They went to this new system so our PD can't monitor them cause they make the establishments call them for what would be police calls.
This will be their down fall.

n1das

They went to this new system so our PD can't monitor them cause they make the establishments call them for what would be police calls.
This will be their down fall.

I think they went to this system simply so they can better communicate and have more capabilities, or so they were led to believe by Moto salespeople. The PD being unable to monitor them is simply a little bit of collateral damage done. Motorola is heavily pushing MOTOTRBO for their non-public safety customers. The XPR7550 portables are nice. So is the new SLR5000 series of MOTOTRBO repeaters, designed to replace the aging XPR8400 series repeaters.

If they are not using any encryption, they could be monitored with software such as DSD+ and scanner with a discrimator tap feeding the raw discriminator audio into an audio input on a PC running DSD+. I have successfully listened to MOTOTRBO this way before. If ENC is in use then you're SOL.

Last edited:

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Not again...

I have been informed that they've gone digital

Ugh, lost another one. I used to listen in on the security during and after events, like late night MNF games and concerts. This is why scanning has become such a dead end hobby. It's either shell out tons of cash to replace your existing equipment which nothing is wrong with or you're SOL, and even at that half of them are encrypted so they're not even an option anymore. Might as well go sell all of my radios so I can buy one radio that will work. Lastly, $#&! you, Motorola.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's a Capacity Plus system as kennyblues notes. I think it's three frequencies, which yields 6 channels. I've listened to it a bit and will do so again when I get my the scanner I use for DSD+ back up and running.

cwh51990

I think they went to this system simply so they can better communicate and have more capabilities, or so they were led to believe by Moto salespeople. The PD being unable to monitor them is simply a little bit of collateral damage done. Motorola is heavily pushing MOTOTRBO for their non-public safety customers. The XPR7550 portables are nice. So is the new SLR5000 series of MOTOTRBO repeaters, designed to replace the aging XPR8400 series repeaters.

If they are not using any encryption, they could be monitored with software such as DSD+ and scanner with a discrimator tap feeding the raw discriminator audio into an audio input on a PC running DSD+. I have successfully listened to MOTOTRBO this way before. If ENC is in use then you're SOL.

Team Ops tells there establishments to contact them for any emergency (including 911 calls) instead of calling us that's an issue. Gonna be an issue soon

mrsvensven

Team Ops tells there establishments to contact them for any emergency (including 911 calls) instead of calling us that's an issue. Gonna be an issue soon

That's an operational issue, not a radio one. If they wanted, they could easily put one of their radios in the command post and/or dispatch. It has nothing to do with the brand or type of radios they are using.

jfr

That's an operational issue, not a radio one. If they wanted, they could easily put one of their radios in the command post and/or dispatch.

This. Giving a few radios to FPD/FFD is a drop in the bucket expense-wise for an operation that big. Heck, a properly programmed TRBO radio can RX/TX/Scan on all of Foxboro's analog UHF PS channels.

-JR

Status
Not open for further replies.