TRS Service on BCDx36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flywheel17

Hello -

I was exploring Radio Reference databases to better understand how the x36 selects zip code based frequencies so I downloaded the database for Texas.

I sorted by "County" and then by "Tag". "Tag" seems to correlate to my 536's "Services" feature.

However, I found a few "Tags" that are not represented in the 536 service menu.

The one in particular that I cannot seem to get any of the agencies is "TRS".

What is TRS and how can I ensure that I am able to select it.

For example:

How can I ensure that Circuit of the Americas is being scanned?

For example: I am interested in Austin, Texas, Travis County, 78617, Circuit of the Americas. The Agency is tagged as TRS on RR, but how do I get it on my 536 using the service feature?

Thanks!

Flywheel17

Also, I cannot find Circuit of Americas in Sentinel...

Is the TRS tag not supported?

Thanks again!

phask

Premium Subscriber
Post the link.

IF it's in the DB - it will be either Custom or Business (if that's what you are asking).

It also may be a non-scanable type of system. NXDN,DMR - etc.

Flywheel17

So I cannot scan it?

I tried trunking discovery and apparently will have to grind my way through setting the right system - although it appears I cannot set up a DMR....

jeremyzone

So I cannot scan it?

I tried trunking discovery and apparently will have to grind my way through setting the right system - although it appears I cannot set up a DMR....

DMR is not supported

If you are really interested in scanning the system, you can try DSD/DSD+ (a computer program using software defined radio), buy a DMR capable radio and program it in receive-only mode, or buy a super expensive digital receiver http://forums.radioreference.com/aor-receivers/297029-aor-ar-dv1.html

garys

Premium Subscriber
Or buy a couple of not so expensive R820T dongles, install DSD+, and listen. It's a bit more complex than that, but there are no scanners that will follow DMR trunking systems.

DMR is not supported

If you are really interested in scanning the system, you can try DSD/DSD+ (a computer program using software defined radio), buy a DMR capable radio and program it in receive-only mode, or buy a super expensive digital receiver http://forums.radioreference.com/aor-receivers/297029-aor-ar-dv1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.