Houston trans star

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what frequencies Houston Trans Star uses for their light rail communications? If you are able to help I would appreciate it.
Did you mean MetroRail? I'm not in the Houston area, but Trans Star appears to be the transportation dept. Metro is the transit agency, that runs the light rail and buses. Metro has talkgroups for light rail on TxWARN P25. You would need a digital trunking scanner to hear them.

chuckpare

Have proper equipment

I have the proper equipment, but I don't see it anywhere under Houston Metro area when I look it up under radio reference.com Can you direct me to where it is hiding. It is metro light rail, but trans star handles all the transportation in the Houston area. I don't see it under Trans Star or Metro light rail. For that matter I don't see it under metro either. What am I doing wrong. I have all the police and ambulance that also uses P25 system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am new to programing scanners. Do I need to download all the P25 system and then weed through it to find Houston's light rail?
If you look at the TxWARN P25 system (linked in my earlier post), you'll see a group pf talkgroup ID's under the heading Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County Talkgroups.

The talkgroups for rail operations, including the Red, Green, and Purple lines, are in that section. While I'm not in Houston, I believe that the site you'd need to download (or program) would be the Houston General Services Simulcast, 03-005. Those talkgroups are designated with a D in the mode column, so are P25 (digital) Phase I. The Houston public safety talkgroups, for Police and Fire, are mostly Phase II, as shown by the T in the mode column.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
If you look at the TxWARN P25 system (linked in my earlier post), you'll see a group pf talkgroup ID's under the heading Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County Talkgroups.

The talkgroups for rail operations, including the Red, Green, and Purple lines, are in that section. While I'm not in Houston, I believe that the site you'd need to download (or program) would be the Houston General Services Simulcast, 03-005. Those talkgroups are designated with a D in the mode column, so are P25 (digital) Phase I. The Houston public safety talkgroups, for Police and Fire, are mostly Phase II, as shown by the T in the mode column.

Negative on the GGSL, you want Zone 1 (RFSS 1) site 52 (Harris County Simulcast).

Here is a quick view of the light rail TG's...

2347 92b D MetRail1 Ops MetroRail Ch. 1 Red Line Operations Control Primary Transportation
2348 92c D MetRail2 Ops MetroRail Ch. 2 Red Line Operations Control Alternate Transportation
2349 92d D MetRail3Yard MetroRail Ch. 3 Yard Transportation
2350 92e D MetRail4Talk MetroRail Ch. 4 Talk-Around Transportation
2351 92f D MetRail5 Mnt MetroRail Ch. 5 Maintenance Transportation
2352 930 D MetroRail 6 MetroRail Ch. 6 Transportation
375 177 D MetroRailDiv MetroRail Division Transportation
1982 7be D MetroRailGr1 MetroRail Green Line 1 Transportation
1978 7ba D MetroRailGr2 MetroRail Green Line 2 Transportation
1952 7a0 D MetroRailHrs MetroRail Harrisburg Transportation
946 3b2 D MetroRailMWP MetroRail Maintenance of Way - Purple Line Transportation
1980 7bc D MetroRailMWR MetroRail Maintenance of Way - Red Line Transportation
1976 7b8 D MetroRailPu1 MetroRail Purple Line 1 Transportation
1984 7c0 D MetroRailPu2 MetroRail Purple Line 2 Transportation
1986 7c2 D MetroRailTra MetroRail Traffic T

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Negative on the GGSL, you want Zone 1 (RFSS 1) site 52 (Harris County Simulcast).

Here is a quick view of the light rail TG's...

2347 92b D MetRail1 Ops MetroRail Ch. 1 Red Line Operations Control Primary Transportation
2348 92c D MetRail2 Ops MetroRail Ch. 2 Red Line Operations Control Alternate Transportation
2349 92d D MetRail3Yard MetroRail Ch. 3 Yard Transportation
2350 92e D MetRail4Talk MetroRail Ch. 4 Talk-Around Transportation
2351 92f D MetRail5 Mnt MetroRail Ch. 5 Maintenance Transportation
2352 930 D MetroRail 6 MetroRail Ch. 6 Transportation
375 177 D MetroRailDiv MetroRail Division Transportation
1982 7be D MetroRailGr1 MetroRail Green Line 1 Transportation
1978 7ba D MetroRailGr2 MetroRail Green Line 2 Transportation
1952 7a0 D MetroRailHrs MetroRail Harrisburg Transportation
946 3b2 D MetroRailMWP MetroRail Maintenance of Way - Purple Line Transportation
1980 7bc D MetroRailMWR MetroRail Maintenance of Way - Red Line Transportation
1976 7b8 D MetroRailPu1 MetroRail Purple Line 1 Transportation
1984 7c0 D MetroRailPu2 MetroRail Purple Line 2 Transportation
1986 7c2 D MetroRailTra MetroRail Traffic T
Thanks Kevin

As I'm not in the Houston area, I did not know for sure which layer it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.