Scan List Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker44

Hello, I am still some what new to scanning , but been working hard building up my scan list in the scanner.
I have a Radio Shack Pro 651 and I use the ARC500 software with it, which seems to work well with each other.
I have just activated scan list #11 or tried to. Not long ago when I started up scan list 10 , which this was the first time to activate a double digit scan list , I learned that after Up loading from the computer to the scanner I usually have to press a few buttons to get all the scan list scanning with all numbers staying lit (not any blinking).
When I need to activate scan list #10 I just press #0 and that gives me Scan list #1 thru #10 all on the top row of numbers staying lite and scanning.
How do you start scan list #11 , the first double digit scan list on the second row ???? When it is lit and scanning do you actually see the #11 or is it represented by the #1 on the second row ????
Each time I try to enter the #11 all I get is #1 , as the first digit on the second row ????
It stays on as if it is scanning and so is the #1 scan list on the first row.
I have tried to go by the manual but the results doesnt seem to work to well, I am sure I am just not doing something right ????
Also what is the best way to get the Lighted screen to stay on longer ????
Can you adjust that with the software ?
TNX-----Tracker44

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
How do you start scan list #11 , the first double digit scan list on the second row ???? When it is lit and scanning do you actually see the #11 or is it represented by the #1 on the second row ????
Each time I try to enter the #11 all I get is #1 , as the first digit on the second row ????
It stays on as if it is scanning and so is the #1 scan list on the first row.
I have tried to go by the manual but the results doesnt seem to work to well, I am sure I am just not doing something right ????
Also what is the best way to get the Lighted screen to stay on longer ????
Can you adjust that with the software ?
TNX-----Tracker44

FUNC, 1 to start up Scan List #11. The alternative (long) method is to PGM, GLOB (F3), Scan Lists, then enable/disable the scan lists you want (marked by the *) and then save everything.

Yes, it is the #1 on the second row.

Yes.

Entering 11 will basically do nothing. It will Enable/Disable and then Disable/Enable. You need to use the FUNC and then # to get to any of the higher number Scan Lists.

There is 2 ways. PGM,GLOB (F3) and look for the option 'Light Secs'. It setting does what it sounds like it does. The other way is to press and hold the light button. This will keep the backlight on until you manually press the light button again.

I would imagine so, it is probably located along with the other Global Settings. I don't use ARC500 so I don't have a specific answer to this question.

Tracker44

TNX a ton for the information. I thought that may be the case. Just wasnt real sure. I am getting a solid lit #1 on the second row.
I guess to start scan list #12 I just hit Function and #2 and so on down the list.
TNX again -----Tracker44

Status
Not open for further replies.