• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trisquare Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator573

47 CFR has no entries covering budget and entry level transceivers so I guess the question still stands. Do these fall under any sort of ruleset what so ever?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Most likely they are part 15 devices. Look at the FCC ID label on the product itself, then direct your web browser to the FCC OET authorization search and all the answers you seek will be there.

From what some say, these are part 15 devices that use the FHSS on the 902-928 ISM band. It also appears the manufacturer is long out of business. Not very favorable reviews either.

PACNWDude

Those operate under the unlicensed ISR band, 900MHz frequency hopping radios. I dabbled with them until it was found that you could listen to them with a scanner. Then I jumped to the much pricier Motorola DTR radios, also in the same unlicensed frequency band.

RayAir

I heard the eXRS radios had trouble syncing and having owned one, they are cheap bubble pack grade.

I would recommend the Motorola DTR. They're just about the same technology but the DTR is digital and is much tougher. eXRS uses analog narrow FM.

Or if you want to save some money, look up Nextel Direct Talk and try to find some i355's, 560's or 570's on eBay.
If they have sim cards, just power up and select DT mode and you have 10 digital simplex channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.