WS1095: Question on "T" Trunk Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Currently I'm running the Pro-668 and the WS1095 side by side, same antenna. The 668 is catching all the traffic and the T is flashing while scanning the trunk system. On the WS1095 the T is very slow almost like it's not active. It will flash every 6 seconds until traffic is heard. Both are configure the same. Were in settings do I make the adjustment. Also I noticed on 1095 I will see FM briefly appear after DG on a P25 transmission even though I have the system setup as NFM.

I also noticed the 1095 would have a pause in the transmission while the 688 continued on. Almost like its checking for a priority channel but I have nothing enabled.

FYI, my 668 is running great by my 1095 is giving me trouble.

https://youtu.be/FnKB5V4Tipc

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Assuming all the programming is identical. Press the Restore Factory Defaults ... that will often fix many issues.

You will have to check your settings on the General Settings and Advanced Features tabs after though.

Myself .. I used the identical same programming for my PSR800 and 1095 and have not had any problems.

Secondly .. I would pull the SD card from the 668 and put it in the 1095 and see how it does. I have done the same with my PSR800 and have had no problems.

EDIT .. Just to confirm my thoughts I pulled my PSR800 card and put it in the 1095 and it worked. The LED was not the same but that I expected. That is cause one is running off of USB and one off of power. I put the cards back .. and both scanners performed just fine that I can tell.

I would be interested in seeing what your recordings are like .... what I have seen in the past, some SD cards work better than others, and some have issues .. like missing words in the audio recordings. I would strongly suggest using the stock cards .. as they appear to work the best, and I have tried over a dozen cards.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Edmscan
That seemed to fix a lot of my software related problems. I also found I had PRI checked in weather and it was checking every 6 seconds. I do have a hardware issue but I will call Whistler on that in the morning. I'm getting an error code when powering up.
Thanks Again

SCPD

QRT
What is the Error ?

Knowing these scanners very well .. I would bet that it is SD card related and not hardware.

wise871

Database Admin
Almost everytime I power up after I updating the database I get a "waiting on main unit" error. Talked to Whistler and they told me to remove power and hold the power button in for 30 seconds to drain off battery. This works and I can power up again. But if I accidentally don't hold the button in long enough or if I remove USB and then power up this error will appear again.

Couple of times after I updated the scanner and removed the USB cable and power up the scanner I would get "Error Detected, Please see Users Guide for Info CODE: 3-01, 000000002 274E. I believe this is an SD card error so I reformatted the card and will see if it happens again.

SCPD

QRT
I have seen that error .. but only when messing around with it for one of my friends. I pulled the power and plugged it back in .. and it was fine.

I do not have the USB plugged in at all ... and never have problems. I do not recommend using the USB at all .. except for needed firmware updates. It is just not needed as how many firmware updates are there .. only one for Edacs ESK. And those systems are very few.

I use a SD card reader .. never any problems.

hannac

Premium Subscriber
interesting conversation...will have to try swapping my cards as well. Have both the 668 and the 1095 and all of a sudden the 1095 seems to have "gone deaf", especially 800Mhz. It is used in the car with an external antenna that has worked well and also have GRE PSR 600 mounted in vehicle with same programming, so I know I'm missing a lot of things on the 1095. 1095 was great when it came out the box/first couple programming efforts.

MichaelBhere

Almost everytime I power up after I updating the database I get a "waiting on main unit" error. Talked to Whistler and they told me to remove power and hold the power button in for 30 seconds to drain off battery. This works and I can power up again. But if I accidentally don't hold the button in long enough or if I remove USB and then power up this error will appear again.

Couple of times after I updated the scanner and removed the USB cable and power up the scanner I would get "Error Detected, Please see Users Guide for Info CODE: 3-01, 000000002 274E. I believe this is an SD card error so I reformatted the card and will see if it happens again.

On the waiting for main unit, you may need to charge the small internal battery. If powered by an AC source, you can leave the scanner on for a couple of days, or you can turn the clock on so you can shut the scanner off at night and the battery will continue to charge. The unit must have power applied at the input Jack.

kb8rvp

WS1095 Question on "T" Trunk Indicator

I have also noticed issues if the squelch is not set just right on my Pro-668 and Psr-800.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
On the waiting for main unit, you may need to charge the small internal battery. If powered by an AC source, you can leave the scanner on for a couple of days, or you can turn the clock on so you can shut the scanner off at night and the battery will continue to charge. The unit must have power applied at the input Jack.

So the backup battery won't charge if the scanner is totally off (but with DC power applied)?

MichaelBhere

So the backup battery won't charge if the scanner is totally off (but with DC power applied)?

If the clock is ON, and the scanner is OFF, the battery will charge.
If the clock is OFF and the scanner is OFF, there is no charge to the battery.

One more thing to check if getting a "waiting for main unit" message is to take a tooth brush and make sure the connection from the head to the main unit has no dust on them. They are gold plated and should not oxidize but if there is a foreign substance on them, it can prevent a good electrical contact.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
If the clock is ON, and the scanner is OFF, the battery will charge.
If the clock is OFF and the scanner is OFF, there is no charge to the battery.

Boy, that seems counter-intuitive. OK, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.