Iola Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Which state 800 site is closest to Iola? Also, does Iola have any repeaters used for skywarn or part of the K-Link system? Thanks in advance.

KE0MD

Late to the thread (I don't check here too regularly) but I am in Iola, and you can usually hear both the Buffalo and Xenia towers for KSICS from here. Almost all police/fire are on UHF, and the freq's are good in the database.

We do not have a K-Link repeater, but if your antenna is high enough, and you're putting out power, you *can* hit the K-Link Matfield Green tower from here. I did it on Field Day with 50W and a J-Pole up about 20 ft from Gas. The Louisburg tower is also within range with a good antenna and some power.

The Iola/Gas 2m repeater on 147.375 is on Echolink as well.

KE0MD

As an addition, we do sometimes do storm watch operations on the 2m repeater - not official Skywarn, but we work in conjunction with county emergency management. I sort of act as liason between the radio club and the county EM, as well as volunteer with the local CERT team.

mancow

Database Admin
Late to the thread (I don't check here too regularly) but I am in Iola, and you can usually hear both the Buffalo and Xenia towers for KSICS from here. Almost all police/fire are on UHF, and the freq's are good in the database.

We do not have a K-Link repeater, but if your antenna is high enough, and you're putting out power, you *can* hit the K-Link Matfield Green tower from here. I did it on Field Day with 50W and a J-Pole up about 20 ft from Gas. The Louisburg tower is also within range with a good antenna and some power.

The Iola/Gas 2m repeater on 147.375 is on Echolink as well.

Do you know who or what all that is going on with that house just North of Iola with the large tower, two dishes, and other associated antennas and towers around the property? If I remember he has what looks like two phased 2 meter beams pointing north.

Status
Not open for further replies.