Text tagging doesn't match with the audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer69

Feed Provider
The last week or so I have noticed that the audio and the text is not matching with each other.Its 30 seconds slower. I went into the advance settings of scan cast software and it flashes not communicating with scanner and shows the correct texts. I tried a new cable and com port and still happens. Any ideas.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
RadioFeed works better. There is a difference in the speed of the data over the voice. On my feed listening with ScannerLive I notice the tag shows up 2 or 3 seconds before the audio starts.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
There is a difference in the speed of the data over the voice.

Hahah no there's not. It's not like sound is being transmitted OTA (speed of sound) while data goes through the wires (speed of light). Once your streamer encodes it, it's all wrapped up in the same packets and it all goes from the server to the client at the same speed.

There's really only two places this delay can occur.. It's either the streaming software not encoding it correctly at your end (and the Broadcastify servers are simply passing along the out-of-sync metadata as they get it), or the metadata is going out of sync at the Broadcastify servers.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hahah no there's not. It's not like sound is being transmitted OTA (speed of sound) while data goes through the wires (speed of light). Once your streamer encodes it, it's all wrapped up in the same packets and it all goes from the server to the client at the same speed.

There's really only two places this delay can occur.. It's either the streaming software not encoding it correctly at your end (and the Broadcastify servers are simply passing along the out-of-sync metadata as they get it), or the metadata is going out of sync at the Broadcastify servers.

That is basically what I was implying, HAHAH to yourself AH.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
That is basically what I was implying, HAHAH to yourself AH.

Uh. No. If that is what you were implying, then you need to go back to school and study some English comprehension because it was clear as mud. What you SAID was that the data and the voice travel at two different speeds - which is NOTHING like what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.