40.7 FM-Piedmont Mil activities or imagination run wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

Bout 1300,sat, 07/25/15 heard the choppers coming. Sitting outside, for kicks i put the Pro-668 in Signal Stalker-All Bands mode- w/ 25-54, 108-137, 216-300, 300-406 active hoping to catch anything from the Blackhawks. near immediately -40.7 FM- locks in, CLEAR AS A BELL, talking about something "... the jumpers... theres a chopper...uh a couple helocopters...they're...of the field..." surprised me so bad i missed some details of the transmission as i was beating feet back to the scanner to see what the freq was. the jist sounded to me as a simple advisory as to the airspace situation at the time.

what was clear, was Tx'er didn't know who the choppers were, that I presumably was watching fly over me, and they were involved with some sort of parachuting activity, of which there has been plenty mentioned at VUJ in the previous weds/thurs/fri time frame from what i had heard. The details of said Tx gave me the impression that they were in the VUJ area due to directions cited etc.

So any takers?

--40.7FM

--heard from w/in a 15 mi radius of KVUJ

--NOT associated with the KRUQ (presumably) UH-60's

--in same place where i recieved the tx on 40.7, using the Signal Stalker i have yet to hear the 42mhz stanly or rowan NCSHP dispatch freqs not that i have been trying though.

as a side note, local (C-130, UH-60's) mil air activity has picked up a good bit this week (visually confirmed as well) after a couple week lull. some rather unique transmissions have been heard and recorded, a far step from the routine training flights chatter that is the norm. i am talking about callsigns/codewords/taskings? etc that are not EPIC/NEWSREEL/GUARDxxx etc but on the same ole freqs. Very neat.

Due to said oddness from mid-week, weds or thurs i did a quick search, and surprise, starting sat the 25th, it seems the Pinelanders are about to kick the conflict into high gear, with, a little heeellp, from thier friieeenndds. yeah, now ya see why i am really intrigued about this.

been waiting to post this narrative with up dated info, but not a peep on 40.7 since. some rather weird sounding buzzes and beeps on 40.67 tho.

KB7MIB

Jade Helm 2015 is a multi-state special operations/conventional forces exercise that has gotten a lot of attention in Texas due to a conspiracy theory. I don't know exactly which states are going to see activity related to this exercise, but NC may be one of them. (Most activity in AZ will be on the Goldwater Range between Gila Bend and Yuma.)

Or maybe it's a regularly scheduled US Army Special Forces Qualification Course Robin Sage exercise?

John
Peoria, AZ

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Jade helm is Texas and west. However I live in Randolph county and have seen a higher than normal amount of low flying c130s lately. I usually just write it off as robin sage but who really knows anymore.

spacellamaman

yeah i am pretty sure jade helm is mainly west of the mississippi.

for those from AZ, the part about the Pinelander uprising was meant to allude to the main country involved in the Robin Sage insurgency.

appreciate the increased activity confirmation cmjonesinc.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
KVUJ is a major jump site used by the 145AW.
Also, lots of transient military activity practicing airborne assaults, especially at night.
There is so much mil traffic at this airport that a permanent NOTAM has been issued allowing only 3 c-130s to be on the ground there at any one time.
The helos were just an added bonus.
Low vhf screams SF from Bragg
North of runway 22 is parachute jumping practice area.
Go to AirNav enter KVUJ in the click-on box, and read the comments at the bottom of the page.

spacellamaman

quite right you are ai8o, and last night when they finally threw the last fella out into the great blue/black yonder over VUJ, "Gecko 26 RTB Pope", further supporting Bragg SF likelyhood. what bugs me is i haven't heard another peep since on 40.7. talk about some lucky timing catching it the one time.

also if anyone can help with the "GECKO" callsign i'd appreciate it cause i've been searching but so far no joy.

spacellamaman

due to the seeming lack of interest in the past, and the likely loss of frequency reuse if publicization is widespread, i am only going to say if anyone is interested in monitoring R.Sage that is currently ongoing, i have suprisingly managed to snag and confirm 2x UHF, 1 VHF-Hi and 2 more VHF-Lo freqs and a ton of callsigns.

never another peep on 40.7 which kinda concerns me, but i am willing to post more extensively with aforementioned goodies IF anyone cares.

so far its mostly airborne logistics, close air support comms (with some ground controller if youre on the ball fast enough to figure out where the action is to get close) so the general piedmont area folks should be able to recieve a lot.

anyone see the Chinooks yesterday?

sheilaaliens

due to the seeming lack of interest in the past, and the likely loss of frequency reuse if publicization is widespread, i am only going to say if anyone is interested in monitoring R.Sage that is currently ongoing, i have suprisingly managed to snag and confirm 2x UHF, 1 VHF-Hi and 2 more VHF-Lo freqs and a ton of callsigns.

never another peep on 40.7 which kinda concerns me, but i am willing to post more extensively with aforementioned goodies IF anyone cares.

I am extremely interested. Please post said goodies!

I just posted a reply in another thread where someone was asking for Milcom recordings back in 2007 .. I'm attempting to resurrect the thread, so I suppose you could use that one to post the recordings ? I'm a Youtuber and am working on a project which will include some recordings, with permission and crediting sources :)

Robin Sage/ Jade Helm are of particular interest, but any recent Milcom/Milair would be great to hear. I also like hearing the random oddball recordings, and my boyfriend really enjoys the spanish ones, which are often narco related. He can translate any Spanish ones anyone might have, btw.

Flyham

so far its mostly airborne logistics, close air support comms (with some ground controller if youre on the ball fast enough to figure out where the action is to get close) so the general piedmont area folks should be able to recieve a lot.

anyone see the Chinooks yesterday?

You have my attention, given I live about 15 miles or north of were Robin Sage was working at. Missed the 40.7 catch due to my work schedule.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am curious where the traffic is originating.

The times I have been around VUJ, I have been too busy to monitor much.

Sent via Tapatalk

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
This traffic is originating in the sky,
Literally, in the sky.

Helicopters flying out from Bragg and parajumping SF trainees into the terrain around VUJ.

VUJ is in a valley with hilly country nearby.

Morrow Mountain State Park and the Uwharrie NF are nearby. And they are the scene of Robin Sage, and People's Republic of Pineland exercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.