Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what 134.450 is associated with in the MD,PA,DE, DC and VA areas. I heard both the Air Traffic controller and the Plane.

I captured it on close call in the area of Aberdeen, MD. I have heard planes talking about diverting to Harrisburg. I have heard planes talking about DCA and Dulles.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Nathan

alphazulu

Premium Subscriber
Please disregard my previous post (#2) - after re-reading the original post the reply I submitted is incorrect. Thanks.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
134.450 is listed as ZNY ARTCC low altitude from the Elk Mt transmitter in PA. However, it is VERY unlikely you were hearing Elk Mt on CloseCall capture in Aberdeen. CloseCall requires an extraordinarily strong signal. The primary high altitude ARTCC freq is 132.175 and I hear that constantly, but am only about 35 miles south of Elk Mt. Even under the very best of enhanced / skip propagation I doubt that CloseCall would detect it. So something else is going on... not doubting what you heard but more needs to be examined. Did you get Center's callsign (e.g. "New York this is American 5xxx", or "Washington Center this is....")?

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
134.450 is listed as ZNY ARTCC low altitude from the Elk Mt transmitter in PA. However, it is VERY unlikely you were hearing Elk Mt on CloseCall capture in Aberdeen. CloseCall requires an extraordinarily strong signal. The primary high altitude ARTCC freq is 132.175 and I hear that constantly, but am only about 35 miles south of Elk Mt. Even under the very best of enhanced / skip propagation I doubt that CloseCall would detect it. So something else is going on... not doubting what you heard but more needs to be examined. Did you get Center's callsign (e.g. "New York this is American 5xxx", or "Washington Center this is....")?

I am aware how close call works, again not sure why my close call hit on that frequency. I do not remember what center they were calling when I got the hit a couple months ago. I have been listening to it for a few days now that my scanner is back from repair and my interest has peaked again for that frequency. As I get more info I will let you all know.

Thanks
Nate

freqhopping

It could be transmitting from a different local transmitter.
I sometimes hear ATC for some distant sector coming through a transmitter near me.

Check Flightaware for those fights to see where they are.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
The tower I am thinking of does not look like the others that have been posted in this forum and that is why I am skeptical that it is an FAA Tower

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.