New Version of EZ Scan Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDGDigital

There is a new version of the EZ Scan PC Application available for the PSR-800 (Version 1.9 Bld 301) and the WS1080 (Version 2.5 Bld 356). I don't have a WS1095 or a PRO-668 so I don't know if it's available for them or not. If you have one of these, you may want to check for yourself.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have the PSR 800 and I selected check all updates This is what I got.

What is the new update/frimware? I have looked online didn't find nothing.

Last edited:

RDGDigital

I have the PSR 800 and I selected check all updates This is what I got.

What is the new update/frimware? I have looked online didn't find nothing.

That screen is showing you the available updates. The "Current" column shows what your scanner currently has and the "Available" column shows what updates are available.

To update all available updates, make sure you've checked the box in the "Sel" column for each update you want to install, then click on "OK" to install the updates. Be sure to follow all the prompts exactly. The process will update each available update individually and each is done slightly differently.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
That screen is showing you the available updates. The "Current" column shows what your scanner currently has and the "Available" column shows what updates are available.

To update all available updates, make sure you've checked the box in the "Sel" column for each update you want to install, then click on "OK" to install the updates. Be sure to follow all the prompts exactly. The process will update each available update individually and each is done slightly differently.

I have updated the radio before years ago. I was wondering what was the fixes they fixed or add something? I haven't update the radio yet since I haven't found what they updated.

RDGDigital

I have updated the radio before years ago. I was wondering what was the fixes they fixed or add something? I haven't update the radio yet since I haven't found what they updated.

Whoops... I thought you were asking something different. I haven't been able to find the release notes either. But I know they must exist somewhere, because every time I post about a new update, someone will respond with what the update fixes, but so far, they're not telling me where to find this information. From everything I've read there is suppose to be a button on that Update Screen called "Release Notes", but it doesn't show on my screen and it looks like it's not showing for you either.

I can tell you that the DSP Firmware 1.3, along with the CPU Firmware 1.8 and above will allow the scanner to decode a Project 25 Phase II TDMA system. And the Library update (which comes out every Saturday) updates the SD card with the latest information from the Radio Reference Database. That's about all I know.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.