HP-2: Just got my 2nd HP-2, Sentinel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I just got my second HP-2, my computer didn't want to load a second Sentinel. I went to my original Sentinel and clicked "add profile" and thought I added my 2nd HP-2. I changed the favorite lists to what I wanted on my 2nd HP-2 (I named it Terry's 2nd HP-2) and clicked "copy to scanner" it appeared to copy to my 2nd HP-2 but when I disconnected and turned it on, nothing was downloaded and it was asking for me to enter info as though I had powered it up for the first time.
So, does anyone else have two HP-2's? I was hoping to have a separate Sentinel for each scanner but that didn't seem to work and I'm not sure Sentinel recognizes a second profile as a different scanner.
Thanks for any help.
BTW batteries were fully charged prior to powering up the scanner.

wise871

Database Admin
Does the firmware match between the units? I had similar problem with my second 996p2 because it had the older firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
Have you set download to on in the new profile?

Never tries it - I have 3 and load all exactly the same, fwiw. Only use one profile. For me, I find the entire profile thing (multiple profiles) useless.

I jus load every Fav. and use whatever I want.

I just got my second HP-2, my computer didn't want to load a second Sentinel. I went to my original Sentinel and clicked "add profile" and thought I added my 2nd HP-2. I changed the favorite lists to what I wanted on my 2nd HP-2 (I named it Terry's 2nd HP-2) and clicked "copy to scanner" it appeared to copy to my 2nd HP-2 but when I disconnected and turned it on, nothing was downloaded and it was asking for me to enter info as though I had powered it up for the first time.
So, does anyone else have two HP-2's? I was hoping to have a separate Sentinel for each scanner but that didn't seem to work and I'm not sure Sentinel recognizes a second profile as a different scanner.
Thanks for any help.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
wise871, yes, firmware is up to date on both,
phask - if I have to, I'll do what you did.
Thank you both for the quick replyies

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for any help.

I am running 3 HP's, and one installation of Sentinel works fine for all 3 separate units using 3 different profiles.

Just remember that ALL the "favorites lists" you have created in Sentinel will appear in ALL "profiles" that you create in Sentinel. If you delete some favorites lists in one profile, they will be deleted in all profiles. Use the profile editor to set up each profile to determine which of those favorites lists will be sent to that particular scanner, and which of those lists will be monitored when you power up that scanner.

Also, every new profile you create will have the default user info in the "miscellaneous" and other tabs. That's why you noticed
"it was asking for me to enter info as though I had powered it up for the first time."
Again, use the profile editor to set up all those tabs with the info you want in each scanner before writing that profile to the scanner.

Using the "Miscellaneous" tab, you can set the "Owner Information" (the info that shows up on the boot screen on the HP) to different names for each profile you create to reflect which profile is currently in the scanner when you turn it on.

Another point to remember is that the HP itself does not store different profiles, only Sentinel stores different profiles. If you make any changes in the HP itself that you want to keep, be sure to write them from that scanner back to it's own profile in Sentinel.

marksmith

I have 3 and generally find it easiest to put all favorites lists in all the scanners and then pick what I want to monitor from each radio.

The only issue is the default active favorites lists will initially be set in each radio after each upload with any updates or changes.

I find this easier than keeping track of what is in each profile and maintaining them separately.

Mark
WS1095/536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.