TG 11488

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
A couple of times today, I've seen TGID 11488 pop us as a wildcard while listening to my PRO-668. It sounded like it could have something to do with train traffic, based one the one "long" transmission I heard (maybe 12 to 15 seconds). Did hear one gentleman say he would be going from East Chicago to Griffith, where he would probably be until around 7:00 (pm I assume).

I see that it's not in the RR database. Just wondering if anyone has any additional information about it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Well, I'm thinking it's definitely railroad related. In the past few minutes, I've heard two references to the IHB yard.

Ed6698

I started a small discussion about this TGID 11488 in the SAFE-T thread back in May and couple weeks ago, it is definitely sounds like railroad pd, I was told it will be added to data base once it identified which railroad it is. I have heard them talking about 2 different RR, but been unable to really identify who they are. Been recording for weeks now, but they never say who they are.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Who runs the yard in question? We know CN and NS both have agreements with IPSC to use SAFE-T, and I have both the P25 TG's added as is in the codeplugs I have. Also, anyone know what NICT abbreviation is for? I have an listing for NICT PD, and its an site locked TG on the P25.... but I have no clue what that agency is yet.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Thanks for the information guys. I haven't checked the SAFE-T thread for a while so I guess that's why I missed the posting there. I'll be listening as well to see what other tidbits of information I can learn.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
NICTD is Northern Indiana Commuter Transit District, the organization that runs the "South Shore" electric commuter railroad between Chicago and South Bend. The South Shore also handles some freight to/from customers on their line.

Given that the South Shore is a passenger line and, therefore, has lots of interaction with the public, it may have a small police force and those officers may have SAFE-T radios.

Convenient Train Service to Chicago and Northwest Indiana

Last edited:

Ed6698

The traffic I have heard on this TG has involved watching the train yards it sounds like, and I have heard them talking about watching for people going around the gates at rr crossings and issuing tickets.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

The traffic I have heard on this TG has involved watching the train yards it sounds like, and I have heard them talking about watching for people going around the gates at rr crossings and issuing tickets.

That's sort of what I was hearing yesterday evening. One of the men was complaining about some SUV's that had come into the yard.

INDY72

NICTD is Northern Indiana Commuter Transit District, the organization that runs the "South Shore" electric commuter railroad between Chicago and South Bend. The South Shore also handles some freight to/from customers on their line.

Given that the South Shore is a passenger line and, therefore, has lots of interaction with the public, it may have a small police force and those officers may have SAFE-T radios.

Convenient Train Service to Chicago and Northwest Indiana

TY, that makes 3 RR's on the P25. I will get that added after this weekend. Gen Con is here, so I won't be online more than a few minutes or so daily.

INDY72

And we know why CSXT is not jumping on the P25. They are building their own NXDN TRS's for every major yard they operate and the coverage should cover any metro area for those yards.. That's confirmed.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Which Yards? If we know who runs the yards we know who the Security or Railroad Police are.

I'm not sure. Heard one reference to the Indiana Harbor Belt yard, but that was a few days ago. Haven't heard anything on the TG today so far.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.