New Delco EMS frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

saber2k5

Does anyone have info on this frequency that just appeared in the database?
461.88750 WQTL283, EMS Inter-Op for Mass Casualty Incidents, DMR.

I can not understand: Why would anyone use DMR for INTEROPS? If there were an MCI in Delco, how many responding units would have DMR radios? The concept of an interops channel is certainly commendable. The only sensible modulation scheme is analog.

CommJunkie

Makes no sense to me. Why have a DMR channel on a completely analog system? And it's licensed to Radio Communications, rather than the county. And the description is this: 90.35a - PRIVATE BUSINESS FOR COUNTY WIDE MOBILE DISPATCH
which also makes no sense. As far as I know, no end users of the county system have been instructed to include this frequency in their radios (which aren't DMR anyway)

W3DMV

The license belongs to Radio Communications Service Inc
with the transmitter located at Middletown Road in Lima, Pa
Max power is 25W ERP

This is a business license and they can lease, rent or provide
service to anyone of their choice. Perhaps the tag/label in
the RRDB is inappropriate for this channel. It would be more
appropriate for a private coordination operation.

phillydjdan

That submission is awefully suspicious. I will have to throw this into my XPR and have a listen. I think we're going to find that this is likely an EMS squad's private channel.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Please send submissions with updates; don't just post it here.

I am inclinded to move this to a business listing, but I will wait to see if anyone who can monitor DMR can pin down some additional info.

I find it hard to believe that this would be a countywide official EMS channel since that would require all the EMS agencies to purchase (or for the county to rent) DMR radios when everyone already has interoperable equipment using the standard analog.

Septa3371CSX1

The license has transmitter locations at the county 911 tower in Lima and on top of Fitz Hospital in Darby. Seeing as the county does not use the tower on top of Fitz I doubt this would be an official county frequency. As indicated above it is likely a frequency leased to a private ambulance service. If I get a chance I'll try to see if I pick up anything on it with DSD+ through my Pro 668.

CommJunkie

The county does keep a cache of 800mhz radio in the event of a large scale incident and they will issue those radios on scene as needed. This could be something similar, but I don't see why they would need it with the 800 radios in storage.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
I am aware of a cache of 500mhz radios as spares was not aware of the 800mhz ones unless that was a typo.

The county does keep a cache of 800mhz radio in the event of a large scale incident and they will issue those radios on scene as needed. This could be something similar, but I don't see why they would need it with the 800 radios in storage.

CommJunkie

I am aware of a cache of 500mhz radios as spares was not aware of the 800mhz ones unless that was a typo.

Nope, no typo. Montco, NCC, Chester, and soon Gloucester are all going to be on 700/800 systems. It will be much easier to communicate with them using standard 800mhz interop channels than to try to get them all on our 500mhz channels.

Plus I believe PA has some sort of statewide 800 system, and it would also be possible to use that while on large scale incidents.

saber2k5

They may have the cache if radios, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will have enough batteries charged AND READY when needed. Another nearby "well known" county had an incident several years ago, went to get the spare 800s (in analog I might add), then wooops... no one was assigned to keep the batteries at the ready.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Well considering the number of radio geeks in this county there is a 50 percent chance there charged lol. I know the city back up equipment is kept at the ready cause the system goes down so much there always using them lol.

QUOTE=saber2k5;2431689]They may have the cache if radios, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will have enough batteries charged AND READY when needed. Another nearby "well known" county had an incident several years ago, went to get the spare 800s (in analog I might add), then wooops... no one was assigned to keep the batteries at the ready.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.