Searching for 159.165mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2HZ

Is 159.165mhz with mdc1200 close to the Canada border. It sounds like public safety.

Any help appreciated.

Bruno.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Is 159.165mhz with mdc1200 close to the Canada border. It sounds like public safety.

Any help appreciated.

Bruno.
When I used to be an avid scanner listener, I could always figure out what agency I was hearing by actually listening to the traffic. Street and town names are a big help. Type of public safety was easy to determine: house fire = fire department, chest pains = ambulance, larceny report = police. Might even be multi-agency if it's a remote community. Many agencies actually do station ID's by voice or recording. There's all kinds of clues to be heard.

Couple that with the search lists that several previous posters did for you, you should be able to easily identify who and what you are hearing.

AC2HZ

Clinton and St-lawrence Counties for 159.165

Thanks to all for the info. I'm a two way radio provider and we've installed a repeater pair on 159.165RX and 154.085TX for a Town Fire Dept. I'm hearing quite a bit of activity from at least two locations. the signals are not full quiet but will interfere with firefighters using ht's. No problem with mobiles since they put out 50 watts. There's also
a signal that opens the repeater using the same PL of 94.8hz very early in the morning. the signal opens the repeater but is not strong enough keep it open. The propagation around 5AM is good since the noise seems to be at a minimum. We'll keep monitoring...

thanks from Bruno AC2HZ VE2VK.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
154.085 (PL 94.8) is used here in Oswego County, NY but is used by Volney Highway Department.

Is this for Sainte-Christine Fire in Canada? If so, that would be about 300+ miles away from Volney, NY. Probably not what your hearing.

As someone has mentioned, try to document street names, names of town, even unit numbers. Anything more that you can give us.

Another place you may want to check is Vermont.

D

DaveNF2G

How were you able to put up a repeater pair for a fire department without coordination? Does it have an Industry Canada licence? Whoever did the coordination should know who the co-channel users are in both countries, as your location is below Line B.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Co-ordination isn't what it used to be at least not here in the US which where you appear to not be. Plus the OP is stating he gets these signals in the early morning, so it could be hundreds of miles away. My agency gets interference from Boston in NYC some mornings in the summer, and I have received signals on my Vol FD frequency from up to 300 miles away when the band opens. This is typical VHF poor planning, using an other users output for an input. Change the PL and move on.

You can try this radius search of up to 200 miles with this FCC link. Put in your co-ordinates and set to point radius then set the radius to 200 miles which is the max allowed and see what you get.

Site / Market / Frequency Query

D

DaveNF2G

Changing the PL will not eliminate the interference. It will just block out the audio from the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.