2015 PGA Quicken Loans National at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Gainesville, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastieboy101

Round 1 starts tomorrow (July 30) for the 2015 PGA Quicken Loans National at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Gainesville, VA. Anyone going to be attending in person? Maybe Dave (dtscho)? I will be monitoring from home since I can pick up PWC fine.

Today, I have noticed more radio traffic than normal on PWCPD Special Event 1 & PWCPD Special Event 2. Talkgroup #'s 1027 & 1029. I suspect that PWCFR will be using talkgroups in the 51x range (3061, 3063, 3065, 3067, 3069) or something like that.

2 new notes on the new PWC Phase 2 TRS.

1.) Pro96Com finally now shows the system's flavor as Phase 2. It was showing Phase 1 even though TDMA talkgroups were active. Must have been a bug in the code.

2.) Talkgroup # 1005 (PWCPD Central 1 Dispatch) is no longer regularly patched with Talkgroup # 3122. PWCPD Central 1 is now only on Talkgroup # 3122 during evenings/nights. It is still patched with Talkgroup # 1003 (PWCPD East 1 Dispatch) during the day. Around 1800 today on my Pro-668 I locked in on Talkgroup # 1005 and never heard anything but did see Central 1 was being used on Talkgroup # 3122 through Pro96Com.

dtscho

Database Admin
I'll probably go up there for one of the days of the tournament. Not going to be attending, though. (I'm sure they wouldn't let me in with a computer and scanner!)

Should be a lot of interesting monitoring. The tournament was licensed for DMR frequencies:

DC Scanning: Quicken Loans National Temp License

The golf club is licensed for a couple of UHF repeaters:

WQPU455 (Robert Trent Jones Golf Club) FCC Callsign Details

And of course I'll be keeping a close watch on the Prince William P25 system.

Dave

beastieboy101

Dave,

Good finds yesterday. You did a lot of monitoring.

I believe that the PWCPD Special Event 3 talkgroup was used for parking at Jiffy Lube Live. I also heard a dispatcher on Special Events 1 & 2 at different points yesterday and today.

dtscho

Database Admin
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking about Special Events 3, especially since that's the way it's normally used. Thanks.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.