• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX CPS 14 Released on MOL--8000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
cl8QEZ9.jpg

The program keeps getting bigger and bigger...like my ex-wife :D
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
================================================== ==================================
APX Portable and Mobile CPS R14.00.00
================================================== ==================================

Please note that starting with CPS version R12.00.00, the Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems are no longer supported.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTE: The user is required to be logged in to the machine with local administration rights. When prompted to re-start the machine during the installation process, please do so before proceeding with the install. Please refer to the "Installation Guide" (Installation Guide.pdf) located at the root of the DVD for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: First time users of the APX CPS should watch the 'Getting Started' tutorials for an introduction to the APX CPS.

Fixes in this Release:
======================
* Fixed an issue in Radio Management that was causing read/write failures through POP 25 when the radios were using dynamic IP allocation.
* Fixed an issue with the AutoBackup functionality triggered during the Install Upgrade Process.

What’s New in the CPS:
======================
==> Radio Management 1.5 (R14.00.00)
* Added information in the Licensing Table to show how many Radio Licenses have been selected and how many Radio Licenses are available
* Improved the import codeplug function by providing the “Yes to All” and “No to All” options, thereby allowing the user to overwrite or preserve all in one-click.
* Addressed minor bug fixes and enhancements

IMPORTANT NOTE: When upgrading a radio to add the Advanced System Key option, please use the FLASHport feature located in the CPS and not the FLASHport feature within Radio Management.* Once the radio has been successfully upgraded, read the radio or import the newly upgraded archive into Radio Management.
For more information, please watch the Radio Management Tutorial under the tutorials menu in the CPS help. Please ensure you are using the latest version of Adobe© Flash ©Player.

New Radio Features Supported:
==============================
IMPORTANT NOTE: Firmware version R14.00.00 or higher is required for the following features to work in the radio:
==> Support for the new APX 8000 portable All-Band radio (Wi-Fi support)
==> Support for the new APX 4000XH portable radio
==> Support for the APX 4000 900 MHz (2 Knob)
==> Support for the APX 1000 900 MHz (2 knob)
==> OTAR and GPS support via V.24 in TXM2000
==> Support for P25 paging / QCII Encoding tone signaling for APX subscribers
==> APX 6000/7000/XE HAZLOC re-certification (radios updated to the TIA4950 safety standard)
==> Support for RF Modem functionality on Portable Subscriber Units
==> Long Press Power Off Support added for APX Control Heads
==> Added One Button Tones capability for APX Portables, wired and Bluetooth accessories
==> APX DVRS supported on non MSI systems
==> DVRS Conventional PTT ID increased from 7 to 8 digits

Detailed information for these new features can be found in the “What’s New” section in the APX CPS Help.

IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING NOTE
==============================
Even though the radio may be disconnected from the PC when the CPS programming is done, DO NOT TURN THE RADIO OFF if the updating process on the radio is still in progress. If an update is in progress, the radio will present the words: "Updating..." on the front and/or top display.
This update can take up to 90 seconds after the CPS programming session has completed.

Supported APX Radios:
* APX 8000
* APX 7500
* APX 7000
* APX 7000XE
* APX 6500
* APX 6500 Li
* APX 6000
* APX 6000XE
* APX 6000 Li
* APX 4500
* APX 4500 Li
* APX 4000
* APX 4000 (2 knob)
* APX 4000 Li
* APX 4000 XH
* APX 4000 900 MHz
* APX 4000 900 MHz (2 knob)
* APX 3000
* APX 2500
* SRX 2200
* APX 2000
* APX 2000 (2 knob)
* APX 1500
* APX 1000
* APX 1000 900 MHz
* APX 1000 900 MHz (2 knob)
* TXM 2000 VHF

hitechRadio

Any big changes or fixes or should I stay with 12

There are major enhancements in 13...14 appears to be more to support the 8000 with some other fixes. I will upgrade to 14 when new FW comes out.

A little off topic, but there is a reason to keep up on CPS, especially when it comes to FW refreshes that have feature enchantments.

FYI, when performing a firmware refresh always use the latest CPS.

Example: refreshing FW to 13.05.00 using CPS ver.12 you will NOT get the latest audio enhancements selections available in FW13.05.00. Even if later down the road you upgrade to the latest CPS. The enhanced features will not be available in CPS 13 or 14. until you reflash FW (again) using the latest CPS.

FYI: The new XTS TX audio selection produces very good quality audio IMO...released in CPS 13.01.00 with FW13.05.00 and is worth the upgrade.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
How in Gods name a CPS is creeping up on a 2 gig download is beyond me... that's just brutal.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I saw the new APX CPS R14 available on my MOL account the other day and decided not to try and download it off my MiFi device. I am now ready to download it off a better connection but I do not see the software available for download on my account. Where did the APX CPS R14.00.00 software go to?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I will have to double check. I don't understand why it would have shown up for a few days if I didn't have a subscription?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I will have to double check. I don't understand why it would have shown up for a few days if I didn't have a subscription?

I would assume you know what you have ordered and paid for and have not. If you didn't order APX CPS then it's very likely it was put there by mistake, someone caught it, and removed it.

for quite a long time everyone with an MOL account had APX CPS, then Motorola found out they were giving it to people who didn't order it, and took it away.

all free rides come to an end at some point.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Interesting, maybe my subscription ran out or something. It was definitely there the other day and now it is not. Thanks for the follow up!

ASTRO2001

I check my MOL and its not there. I have to buy it now but for $399.99 WOW

wsykes41770

Think that's bad...

We have it included in our maintenance agreement that all of the CPS and RSS programs for all of the different radio models we use. I haven't had access to updates for APX since R13.01.00 came out.

I work for a local city & county government and apparently Motorola can't just assign us one or two account IDs. We have about 20 or so, so it takes a while for everything to catch up. I know we have a new agreement that went into effect 1 JUL 15 for a year and a 5-year one that comes into effect in another month or so. Not sure if they are waiting to enter them both at the same time or what. Fortunantly, there isn't enough changes in the R14.00.00 to be a big deal. I just wish they would get their s*&# straight. But this is Motorola we are talking about here.

Wayne

celltech25

Support for P25 paging / QCII Encoding tone signaling for APX subscribers

Anyone used this feature yet

Support for P25 paging / QCII Encoding tone signaling for APX subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.