Windows 10 security alert as new 'feature' automatically shares wifi passwords....

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

"Microsoft's Windows 10 software has only been available in its final form for a few hours - but experts have already warned of a major security risk in the software. The feature is designed to easily let people share wifi passwords with friends. However, experts say the feature actually automatically shares your wifi passwords with all Outlook, Skype and Facebook contacts who also use Windows 10. They warn new users of the software to 'be vigilant' with the settings, a feature known as wifi sense." -- DailyMail.co.uk

Windows 10 security alert as new 'feature' automatically shares your wifi passwords with ALL Outlook, Skype and Facebook contacts who also have the software -- DailyMail.co.uk

PACNWDude

If true it is another reason why I am glad I did not go for the "free" upgrade.

There is always a cost, even if it is not readily apparent.

All operating systems seem to have vulnerabilities and Microsoft has had them from the beginning.

Astrak

It shares passwords, but the person who you shared the password with can not see the password. Also you can just turn it off.

AC2OY

Isn't this supposed to be their best operating system ever so far? I haven't upgraded yet because I'm still recovering from my little accident with my PC.

QDP2012

Isn't this supposed to be their best operating system ever so far? I haven't upgraded yet because I'm still recovering from my little accident with my PC.

I guess that would depend on which definition of "best" is used -- the vendor's or the consumer's.

Here' another article about Windows 10's "hidden fee's" that might catch some consumers by surprise.
"Users of Microsoft's new Windows 10 software were elated to find the firm had brought back solitaire, the famous free game. In its latest incarnation it boasts more features and can even track your stats. However, there is just one problem - to play without ads, users have to pay Microsoft $10 a year, every year" -- DailyMail.co.uk

Microsoft under fire as Windows 10 users find playing Solitaire now costs $10 a year -- DailyMail.co.uk

and another article about users having less control on how/when/if OS updates are run
"...If you've been following Windows 10 through its development, you've probably heard a lot of the controversy surrounding the update procedure. Gone are the days of picking and choosing which updates you want and which ones you don't. With Windows 10 Home, you're getting them all, and you're getting them automatically...." -- FoxNews.com

5 secrets to make you fall in love with Windows 10 -- FoxNews.com

It seems that this product might deserve more investigation before adoption.

CapStar362

^ ^ ^ What did i tell you guys some time back about the "rumors" of "Fee-based" services from Windows 10?

busted right in the faces of whoever made those comments ....... sucks to know i was right

did i not tell you so a fee based service would be used for many things we have had for years now?

Micro-transactions and yearly subscriptions for the things we once enjoyed as standardized are the current flavor now.

Ahh, here it is:

upon hearing the words of "Subscription" based features of Win10, ill stick to my 8.1 for now. of which i did the upgrade in Nov 2014. i was 7 for years till then.

In any of the consumer editions.

READ what is written, the licensing is for ENTERPRISE customers.

sheesh

PS- this was posted from a Mac, and I am no Windows fanboy. Just cannot stand people who post misinformation as FACT

okay, did i say Windows 10 as a whole? key word in my post: FEATURES

also i said upon hearing words, thus implying its rumored at this point, not FACT. don't twist my words.

i know EXACTLY what enterprise level OS'es entail for licensing.

go back to your Mac now.

like your comment: Just cannot stand people who post misinformation as FACT

i can't stand people who twist words and create false tenses of posts yet are clearly written with key words.

PS: written from a 8.1 PC, hoping you don't dual boot that MAC with Intel based hardware.

^ ^ ^ now that is a Giant ***** slap to the face isnt it marcotor? looks like your precious "Enterprise" version is NOT the version being micro-charged and yearly subscribed now is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.