DSD+ Fast Lane setup questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have it up and running....almost. I am following the excellent setup video by John Miller on YouTube.

I use VB Audio Virtual Cable, but per the setup video I need a second one for trunked voice following. How do I get a second one to show up in the list of audio devices? If I try to install it a second time, I get a message saying that the driver is already installed, and I will have to remove it before installing it again.

Second question: If I were to use SDR# and AirSpy as the control channel source, can I ignore the CC.bat and FMP.CC.bat files altogether, or do I still need them?

Thanks!

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all for the tips; I finally got it up and running using two dongles.

A couple of questions about priority:
In the Channel Activity "Pri" column, what is the difference between, "low", "high", "alias", and the various numbers? Is a higher number a higher priority, or a lower number a higher priority? What about a priority of "0"? "Hold" and "L/O" are self explanatory, although "Hold" doesn't seem to work consistently.

Also, in the FMP Spectrum window, how do I adjust the gain?

ak4fn

Thanks to all for the tips; I finally got it up and running using two dongles.

A couple of questions about priority:
In the Channel Activity "Pri" column, what is the difference between, "low", "high", "alias", and the various numbers? Is a higher number a higher priority, or a lower number a higher priority? What about a priority of "0"? "Hold" and "L/O" are self explanatory, although "Hold" doesn't seem to work consistently.

The lower the number, the higher the priority. So if you have 2 freqs marked to high it will then will go to the lower numerical priority (higher priority), then if they are the same it will then use the lower group number. Not sure on the 0

In FMP you control gain by using "g or G" g or shift G

slicerwizard

what is the difference between, "low", "high", "alias", and the various numbers? Is a higher number a higher priority, or a lower number a higher priority?
Hm, L/O --> Low --> Normal (big numbers --> small numbers) --> High --> Hold/Alias

Not sure which is higher, Hold (user wants to only hear one talkgroup) or Alias (DSD+ wants a NEXEDGE radio alias)

L/O, Low, etc. let you temporarily (or permanently, I suppose) change a group's effective priority without actually changing the numeric part, so 50 (not very high) --> High (something interesting is going on right now) --> 50 (and it's back to boring stuff); it's simpler than 50 --> 45 --> ... 10 and then later 10 --> 15 --> damn, what did I have it set at before? ...

What about a priority of "0"?
Never tried it. I only use a spread of about 10 to 70.

Already answered, but '?' should list all of the FMP keys.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

One more issue: I am monitoring a NXDN trunked system. On a particular site, there is a frequency which, whenever this particular frequency is used as a voice channel, there is no audio. A check of the FMP VC window shows that the program is tuning the correct frequency, but the green line in the spectrum window is flat, with no signal peak like you see when the other voice frequencies are active. Anyone know why this might be happening?

D

DaveNF2G

Priority 0 is a default for new groups, I believe, like Priority 50 in Trunker.

slicerwizard

Thanks!

One more issue: I am monitoring a NXDN trunked system. On a particular site, there is a frequency which, whenever this particular frequency is used as a voice channel, there is no audio. A check of the FMP VC window shows that the program is tuning the correct frequency, but the green line in the spectrum window is flat, with no signal peak like you see when the other voice frequencies are active. Anyone know why this might be happening?
What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Priority 0 is a default for new groups, I believe, like Priority 50 in Trunker.
Uh, my DSD+ groups and radios files are full of priority 50 records, so I doubt that zero is the default.

DSDPlus

Thanks!

What dongle/tuner model? What frequency?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What dongle/tuner model? What frequency?

Both dongles are NooElec R820T SDR & DVB-T.

Frequencies:
OTA Channel number 217; frequency: 471.350
I have confirmed that there is indeed voice her by using a separate receiver tuned to that frequency.

Also: OTA Channel number 219; 471.3625 and OTA channel number 231; 471.4375 exhibit the same behavior; when these channels are the granted voice channels, the program steers the voice channel here, as seen on the FMP voice window, but no audio is heard, and the graph shows no signal peak present, almost as if it were being sent to an incorrect channel.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Another issue:

It was running fine until after a computer restart. Now, when I start the CC.bat file, i get this message, repeating over and over:
"Input audio stalled - restarting audio input device #6"

It just keeps repeating this. I didn't change any settings.

I found a message where someone else was having this issue, but it was never resolved.

DSDPlus

Need more information. What is input device #6? If it is a VAC/VBE feed from FMP, replace it with a TCP link after you install the DSD+ 1.090 update. Also, please advise if the updated FMP fixes your tuning problem.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Need more information. What is input device #6? If it is a VAC/VBE feed from FMP, replace it with a TCP link after you install the DSD+ 1.090 update. Also, please advise if the updated FMP fixes your tuning problem.

Audio device #6 = 'CABLE-B Input (VB-Audio Cable B')

Right now the tuning problem is the only issue I'm having.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Also, please advise if the updated FMP fixes your tuning problem.

With 1.090, Whenever 471.350 is the granted channel, the FMP VC window now shows a green peak indicating a signal is present, but still no audio is heard. Same behavior noted on 471.3625 and 471.4375. 1.080t was also minus the green signal peak.

ALSO: My Norton Antivirus thinks that DSDPlus.exe is a threat, and keeps deleting it. I went into the settings and told it to ignore DSDPlus.

D

DaveNF2G

Deleting Norton will probably solve a lot of computer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.