• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

look at these cloned antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have had these for a few months, thinking they were legit. Guess what? there not!
neither one will go below 3.5vswr from 136-178mhz. one is shorter than the other. these are suppose to be the wideband xts antennas.
They came from eBay reputable sellers.

441f7c92c11fab393ec5eb50c845c5ac.jpg

TDR-94

I bought one several months ago that I assumed was real. It's the same size as the "REAL" one that came with my Thales/Racal 25 and looks identical.

Did any of those fakes have the red dot on the sma connector end and did they come in the plastic bag packaging with this printed on the bag?

KIT# NAD6563A
DESCRIPTION ANTENNA
VHF HELICAL

and another stick on printed label saying:

8505518V01
VHF HELICAL ANTENNA
Loc: MAIN Bin: SR-YBIN 9B

SCPD

QRT
I bought one several months ago that I assumed was real. It's the same size as the "REAL" one that came with my Thales/Racal 25 and looks identical.

Did any of those fakes have the red dot on the sma connector end and did they come in the plastic bag packaging with this printed on the bag?

KIT# NAD6563A
DESCRIPTION ANTENNA
VHF HELICAL

and another stick on printed label saying:

8505518V01
VHF HELICAL ANTENNA
Loc: MAIN Bin: SR-YBIN 9B
yes in a bag with the same # no stick on labels tho.

TDR-94

This is a picture that shows the same packaging that mine came in,but mine also had the stick on label with the Motorola 8505518V01 part #.

I didn't buy mine from a known China supplier or 2010Lindawang. I did buy it from a seller on ebay though.

I have 3 of these antenna's. The used one that came with the Racal radio in the box. Another used one that came with a Racal parts radio,which is actually longer than the other two and this new one that I bought in the described packaging.

The one that came in the box with the radio and the one bought new in the packaging are the same length and look exactly the same.

Attachments

• NAD6563A-1.jpg
    NAD6563A-1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 680

PACNWDude

I have had entire radios marketed as "Motorola", packaged as "Motorola", with realistic fake stickers, and then you read "Handie Takie". Fake.

The fake antennas, and other components are getting so close to the real thing, they may even work in a similar fashion, but quality is always lacking.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Motorola dealers don't sell on Ebay unless they dont want to be Motorola dealers

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Lots of Motorola dealers sell on eBay.

Wiscomm is one of the more reputable Motorola dealers out there and they sell on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.