DPS gets new patrol vehicle colors, officers get new name

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
He could have added NM to the non trooper category. Troopers in NM are reserves under Mounted Patrol. I like the new look and I'm sure the final vehicle wrap will be reflective.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Be nice and cool in the AZ sun also.

There is a reason so many white vehicles are sold in the South :)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
He could have added NM to the non trooper category. Troopers in NM are reserves under Mounted Patrol. I like the new look and I'm sure the final vehicle wrap will be reflective.

In New Mexico they are called "State Police Officer" if a remember correctly and if the title hasn't changed since I last read about this topic.

In California CHP officers, which is the name they are commonly referred to as, the actual agency name is "Traffic Safety Officer." This does not reflect their duties either. In rural areas the CHP responds to provide backup for the county sheriff's departments and municipal departments as well. In this capacity they often arrive at county/city calls first due to the distances involved and local officers being out of position. They often provide air support for search and rescues both in the frontcountry and backcountry. Their helos have a paramedic on board and they often transport victims out of the backcountry.

I think the New Mexico State Police have black colored vehicles as well. That has to increase the load on the air conditioners. I think the gold color of the DPS vehicles is a bad idea. As someone posted above this isn't a combination that produces visibility. Why not substitute white for the gold?

KB7MIB

The link does not work on my phone for some reason. Does someone have a better link?

Is gold a retro/throwback color for DPS vehicles?

I recently saw a local news article where the DPS officers were repeatedly referred to as "State Troopers", and I had to wonder if the writer was new to Arizona from another state. Is this what they're going to be called from now on?

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.