WS1095: Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the market for a base unit so I decided on the WS1095, heard many good reviews on it. So I ordered one from Amazon, free shipping with Prime but I also paid extra for next day delivery because I wanted it before the weekend.

I got it today, opened the box for inspection and immediately noticed that were obvious signs of previous use. The radio was advertised as new. There were scratches and signs of wear on the face plate. Plus I read where there are newer models beginning with 05 but I received an older model with 04. Don't know how much of a difference that makes.

I am really disappointed that I can't play with my new toy this week, I'm sending it back right away and requested a refund from Amazon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only complaining that I received a used radio that's advertised as new. I'm sure this is a great radio and will have to wait about another week to get a refund and order from somewhere else.

Any recommendations on where I can order a new WS1095 with fast shipping will be greatly appreciated.

SCPD

QRT
I hate when people blatantly lie about what they are selling.

Glad you are sending it back .. the 1095 is a great radio.

Re the date code .. the difference between the 2 is whether they will have the PC/IF feature already installed and working. The 04 date code will need that done by Whistler and the 05 will not.

Ed6698

Out of curiosity due to I have read several complaints about people thinking they have received used units due to scratches with the WS1080. Is there some type of shipping protector on the 1095 that needs to be removed on the front face? The shipping protector fit so perfect on the WS1080 it does not even appear that there is one on it and they usually look all scratched up with it on it.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I was fooled by the protector on my Pro-668, it looked like it was the front panel that was marked up.

wise871

Database Admin
Order from HamStation. They have the best prices and you can guarantee it will be new.
Not sure how people are missing removing the screen protector. There's a little blue tab in clear sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Order from HamStation. They have the best prices and you can guarantee it will be new.
Not sure how people are missing removing the screen protector. There's a little blue tab in clear sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm not sure why people post with a header that says they are disappointed with a new product when it's about a "third party" seller or cosmetic/shipping issue.

This post should be on amazon not on any of these forums.

SCPD

QRT
There is a protective film on the head of the 1095. It has to be removed. I know I was fooled by that myself when I got mine. It did not appear to be the case ... so I can see how that could be easily missed.

Last edited:

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
These are all good lessons that have to learned. Only buy from well known sellers like HAM Station. Never have had any problems from them. Yeah you might be able to save a couple of bucks but its not worth your time and the headache you are going to have when you get a new beat up radio in the mail. It just kills your excitement.

SCPD

QRT
I would not be surprised at all that the 'scratches' on the head .. was the protective film. I know it fooled me.

marksmith

Out of curiosity due to I have read several complaints about people thinking they have received used units due to scratches with the WS1080. Is there some type of shipping protector on the 1095 that needs to be removed on the front face? The shipping protector fit so perfect on the WS1080 it does not even appear that there is one on it and they usually look all scratched up with it on it.
It took me a while to figure out that i was looking at a shipping screen protector and take it off on the 1095. Looked scratched up but was perfect.

Mark
WS1095/536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/325P2/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

SCPD

QRT
It took me a while to figure out that i was looking at a shipping screen protector and take it off on the 1095. Looked scratched up but was perfect.

Mark
WS1095/536/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT/325P2/396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Hope Whistler reads this .. and changes the protective film. Maybe making it easier to see / opaque would help alleviate these problems. I do not remember exactly how it was .. but I remember having to peel it off.

I think that a simple sticker "Remove Upon Purchase" on the protective film would fix this issue. Cost .. virtually zero and happy customers.

Last edited:

Ed6698

I knew when I read the original post I would almost bet it was the protective shipping cover on the screen that made it look all scratched up and used. I remember when I first opened my 1080 I was like wow this thing is used. After about 15 minutes when I was going to box it back up to send back I noticed it had a protective shipping cover, once removed the screen and front were perfect. Original poster probably did not remove the cover and returned a perfectly fine radio.

Ed6698

Hopefully he returns here and reads about the protective cover, otherwise he will encounter the same thing most likely with the used look.

marksmith

Maybe he wants to unload his "defective " radio real cheap. If so, I will make him an offer.

Mark
WS1095/536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Quint6

I thought my was defected too, just took the coating off , now the bad news ,it has the number 04
what's wrong with it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.