FBI Ocean City (new VHF net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
FBI Ocean City (new VHF nets)

likely FBI comms (based on freq usage nationwide and NAC usage) have been going off for a while on 173.7125 and 170.9125, NAC 167 encrypted, 848xxxx RIDs. Have been getting strong signal all over north and midtown Ocean City on this net when it's been active. Trying to figure out if this is a repeater or a simplex tac that just happens to be running near here. Anyone else out here copying any traffic that tallies or sheds some more light on this?

Last edited:

guyiv

Feed Provider
I won't be back in OC till Monday, but I will put it into my scanner when I get out of my meeting in Dewey.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Holy crap, really? Gotta be repeaters then, if the signal's reaching that far.

EDIT: On further investigation, it looks like 173.7125 is the input to a repeater putting out on 170.9125. TGID shows as "1", indicating that it's a standalone repeater and not part of IWN or another sys.

Last edited:

kennyblues

I believe the UID's. beginning with i8###### are.not FBI but rather US Marshals. UID's beginning withi3###### are FBI radios.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Also 5###### are CBP radios.

What I have noticed is there are other users heard on repeaters with NAC167. USMS, FBI and CBP are all users of these wide area nets.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Huh, hadn't noticed that. There used to be a few FBI freqs listed in the DB for the Baltimore area when I was over there (they sort of disappeared at some point), and I was seeing 848xxxx RIDs with the 167 NAC on those over the last few years. Maybe not as strong an assumption as I thought ;)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Holy crap, really? Gotta be repeaters then, if the signal's reaching that far.

EDIT: On further investigation, it looks like 173.7125 is the input to a repeater putting out on 170.9125. TGID shows as "1", indicating that it's a standalone repeater and not part of IWN or another sys.

Could one assume that the operation is in OC, based on traffic on the input freq?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
One could definitely assume that several users are transmitting within a mile or two of mid/north OC.

ecps92

Look for the REAL input from 162-166 Mhz

What you are hearing is TWO Repeaters sharing the same input to make a Wide-Area Network, there might even be a few more Repeaters that you are not hearing. (YMMV)

Could one assume that the operation is in OC, based on traffic on the input freq?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
The 173 is definitely another repeater output?

:( I need some RDF gear to sort through that kind of junk...

Last edited:
It could be coming from any number of tower sites.

You have many towers to choose from MSP Berlin, 65th street, Industrial Park Rd, Holy Grove Road, Railroad Ave Berlin and Whaleysville.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Yep.

To make matters more interesting, I just realized one of the radio IDs matched a prior one I saw. That prior was on a Baltimore FBI net 2-3 years ago, so this seems to be tallying with my earlier assumption that this is being used by the FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.