Need help with PRO-95

Status
Not open for further replies.

sar0405

Hello there,

Forgive me for asking what seems like it should be a basic question, but I feel like I've scoured Google and I'm not closer to having an answer.

Basically, I want to set up my PRO-95. I'm looking to have Fire and Police in Reno, Washoe County, Sparks and the Nevada Highway Patrol. I found shared frequencies here: Nevada Shared Radio System Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Those frequencies are put into the scanner, but they don't really pick up anything. I looked further down the same page and saw the system talkgroups. Here is where it is getting confusing. I'm not sure how to program the talkgroups into the PRO-95 (or if this is even what I am supposed to do).

Any help would be much appreciated.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Sar:

You need to program the Washoe County EDACS system into your radio. Program each agency into a separate bank that includes the radio frequencies and talkgroups for that agency. I have a WIN95 file if you want it.

Mark

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Threads merged. Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. Thanks.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
EDACS LCN

Sometimes we all need to remember the older scanners had steps that we all learned for programming and forgot because the newer scanners handled it automatically. I have the Pro-95, it does not do re-banding for motorola so it's limited. The EDACS systems still work but remember to program the LCN for the site freqs. Without that no joy. So in the rrdb you see the freqs and a smaller number next to it, that's the LCN you need to use. So if the LCN is 03 that's where you need to have the freq programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.