Hp1 Windows 10 and Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwKiE

Installed Windows 10 and I am not able to use Extreme on the computer will not see my com port says it dose not exist. Is there going to be a fix for this ? Or am I missing something. Using Home Patrol 1.

marksmith

You need to go to the device manager in w10, find your not working device and install a driver for it. Has nothing to do with your scanner. I have an hp-1 and never used it thru a computer other than to pull off discovery files etc. You can probably do this by using a card reader, but you need the driver anyway for firmware updates.

Mark
WS1095/536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

phask

Premium Subscriber
Installed Windows 10 and I am not able to use Extreme on the computer will not see my com port says it dose not exist. Is there going to be a fix for this ? Or am I missing something. Using Home Patrol 1.

Should not need a driver, it should see it as a mass storage device - no driver ever required for those (native driver is in there of course?

Now to use the extreme with Unitrunker or other software you do need a driver.

When plugged in - the screen should come up mass storage or serial port chose the left one - mass storage That requires NO driver.

If you see one device manger - delete it.

Seen it before and that is the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.