A little tidbit for the DELCO scannists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
If you are like me and enjoy figuring out just who and for what purpose local frequencies are being used for, throw this one in your scanner.

Allocated by FCC as low power business. Plenty strong at my location. It's a repeater seemingly used by county maintenance employees. Busiest during the week, sort of an 8 to 5 kinda thing. Have not noticed any ctcss or digital squelch tones, but it's very quiet outside of whoever is using it here. I realize it's not as cool as a hidden surveillance freq or anything, ( I wouldn't post something like that anyway), but if you get bored or just want to help out gathering enough info to make a valid submission to the database give it a whirl.

No details readily available on this one and I think it may be an old system whose license has expired.
Maybe we can gather enough information to submit.

Septa3371CSX1

Sounds like it could be a frequency used by the Delaware County Housing Authority for maintenance folks. If you're getting no PL/DPL tone perhaps it is part of an LTR SMR. Don't know why the county would use something like that but this is Delco we're talking about. I just plugged the frequency into my PSR-310 in tune mode so I'll report anything I may pick up.

EDIT: Did a search in the Philadelphia Metro Area for an FCC license for this frequency and one of the results was this one belonging to Commpaths LLC. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPLI212 Looking at it this appears to be low powered mobile or portable radios rented or leased out. Appears it is just simplex so the lack of a PL/DPL tone is not surprising.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.