RTL not working with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

I upgraded to windows 10 now my RTL2832 dongle is not working. Won't let me start it in unitrunker.

Attachments

• zzz.png
    zzz.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 857

MilAirNJ

Thanks that worked! I did not want to go fooling with the drivers. Every time I do that I make it worse! Figured I would ask! lol

Thanks again

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It's good to hear that Zadig is behaving on 10. I'm curious if anything radio-centric is truly not working in the new OS, but that's a topic more for its own thread in the Computers forum, I guess.

bassjunkie

I've only had one problem with Win 10 and Zadig so far - the OS keeps prompting to update the drivers via Windows update (which would obviously return it to the factory drivers). Yet to find a workaround for that, but hopefully if I ignore it it will go away ;)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I've only had one problem with Win 10 and Zadig so far - the OS keeps prompting to update the drivers via Windows update (which would obviously return it to the factory drivers). Yet to find a workaround for that, but hopefully if I ignore it it will go away ;)

In Win7 if you right-click an update in Windows Update you can tell the system to ignore it (which it seems to do for only a few iterations, but it does it at least). Do you have the same ability in 10?

bassjunkie

In Win7 if you right-click an update in Windows Update you can tell the system to ignore it (which it seems to do for only a few iterations, but it does it at least). Do you have the same ability in 10?

Nope, the Windows update interface has significantly changed - no way to manually select updates like you can in 7 or 2k8. The 'settings' panel is also pretty buggy, there's some settings that can only be changed by that panel, some that can only be changed through the traditional control panel, and some that can be changed by both.

Wouldn't be a new Windows release without a metric ****tonne of bugs eh?

wbswetnam

I couldn't get SDR# to work after the Windows 10 upgrade either, but after I reran zadig.exe it worked fine. Just as a reminder... run zadig.exe as administrator (right click then choose 'Run as administrator' from the pop-up menu). When zadig.exe loads, click on 'Options' then select your device from the drop down menu. Click on "Load Driver" and you're done! Go back and run SDR#, it should work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.