ARC36PRO virtual control issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
I am test driving ARC536PRO to make sure it works for me and I can get it to control the buttons, but it seems there is no communication back from the scanner. There is nothing except the starting text on the display, no logging or anything. All I can do is press the on screen buttons and it does work as seen on the scanner display. Hopefully I am missing something obvious, maybe there's an issue running with Windows 10? I am trying to control a 436.

captclint

Mentor
Just to be clear, you used the comm set-up, the comport is automatically found, and you are able to upload from the scanner into Arc. You just can't can't get the virtual control to work??

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
programming and reading are fine, just when i try to use virtual control the buttons work fine, but no display or logging info. Press start and no change. What are you referring to as the comm set-up? Something I missed?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the rear port (the one for the GPS)?

Confirm that the baud rate setting for this port is 115200. (Menu>Settings>Set Up GPS>Set Serial Port

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Using the cable that came with the scanner. It's the 436, have made sure serial port is 115200.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
I tried Procsan and had issues connecting at all. Heard mentions of Windows 10 not playing well with the drivers, but I opened up Scanner Monitor and it works flawlessly. Sends the button presses and shows the display complete with logging.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how this impacts the 436's, but with the 536's, there is a known issue with using the programming port for serial functions, such as virtual control.

So the recommendation has been to use the 536 GPS port.

But you have the 436 and I do not, so I'm sorry to be at a loss to provide any better ideas.

FireJustin

I have toyed with this issue a little bit, but it is happening to me too. I can control the scanner via 536pro, but there is no recording, logging, or feedback to the VC screen. I've uninstalled the scanner and it's drivers, i've uninstalled the 526pro program, and i've rebooted each about a thousand times. Very strange, and extremely frustrating.

OHIOSCAN

According to BUTEL ARC536 WILL NOT work with Win 10 unless Uniden updates there serial driver. Would of been nice for BUTEL to mention this on the web site, I have software I paid for which is useless, Sentinal works fine. Why BUTEL did not inform customers that WIN 10 is incompatible is shady. As slow as Uniden fixes thing who knows when the updated driver will show up.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Did Gommert post somewhere it is a Uniden driver issue?

Not sure what others are doing, but it works just fine here in Windows 10.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 705

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
According to BUTEL ARC536 WILL NOT work with Win 10 unless Uniden updates there serial driver. Would of been nice for BUTEL to mention this on the web site, I have software I paid for which is useless, Sentinal works fine. Why BUTEL did not inform customers that WIN 10 is incompatible is shady. As slow as Uniden fixes thing who knows when the updated driver will show up.

Funny because if that case. Then then website needs to be update to reflect that since they state it works with windows 10.

ARC536 is not a replacement for the Uniden Sentinel software. Sentinel is used to update firmware and the database in the HP-1. ARC536 is the preferred software tool to manage your favorites. ARC536PRO also adds virtual control and logging!

System requirements:

Windows XP/2000/Vista/7/8/10
minimum 1024x800 video, 512 RAM.
Uniden Sentinel software
Uniden BCD536HP or BCD436HP using USB cable (supplied with scanner).
Virtual control (ARC536PRO only) may require an additional connection to the GPS/serial port. See this document for more information.
ARC536PRO audio recording requires a 1/8" audio cable.

* Radioreference import requires additional subscription and is NOT included with ARC536.

Plus my own test show there no driver problem with windows 10.

I can confirm it not working for me in windows 10. one the same machine in windows 8.1 it worked find.
On my work system windows 7 it still working. And Scanner.

I tried the following since discovering it would not work.

Verify Com port settings
Run in compatibility mode windows 8
Run in as administator.

Uninstall Acro Pro
Reboot
Ran CCleaner till no registry problems existed
Reboot.
Download the current version of Arc5360pro from the website.
Reinstalled it.
Tried again. No go
Set compatibility mode windows 8
No Go
Set to run as admin.
Program locked up. tried windows troubleshooter. Still no go.

I highly doubt it a driver is as then Scanner monitor would also not work. But it those.

Additonal information which makes it less likely it a driver probelm. Well there is not disbale the scanner is controler via the buttons. I did some more test after post the screen shoot. You can see I getting no feed back from the scanner. But I have been able to do the following

Change the volume level.
Avoid a channel.
Use the system, Dept and Channel buttons to Hold a channel.

So the software can send data to scanner but gets no data back. Or at least those not display it. It also blocks the scanner monitor when it connect. If I switch the scanner monitor software will display the data.

Additional proof it no drivers.

All of our scanners with native USB just plug and play with Windows 10. For older models (i.e. "XT" or "X" models) that have a serial connection, older USB-1 cables will not work, as Prolific changed their drivers several years ago to only work with their newer chipset that has anti-counterfeit features. At that time, we changed the chipset in our USB-1 cables. So, if you have an older USB-1 cable it won't work with Windows 10 (or really w/8 using current drivers). Newer (last couple of years) cables will work.

This morning I've had occasion to plug in and use the BCD996P2 and BCD536HP under serial control (and as a mass storage device, to, for the HP) and they just plug and play.

I did have to update Freescan to the latest beta build in order for the remote control mode to work.
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...windows-10-uniden-usb-driver.html#post2431473

Ok, that is not a scanner driver issue, then. I'm sure Gommert is keeping up with this and working on things on his end.
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ndows-10-uniden-usb-driver-2.html#post2431492

Attachments

• Snap3.jpg
    Snap3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 500
  • Snap4.jpg
    Snap4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 568
  • Snap5.png
    Snap5.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:

OHIOSCAN

Virtual Control

Yes that was direct from Gommert

(Direct Quote)
This is a driver problem, contact Uniden for a win10 compatible driver.

2015-08-07 4:41 GMT+02:00 <info2007@butel.nl>:
> Email form details below:
>

Did Gommert post somewhere it is a Uniden driver issue?

Not sure what others are doing, but it works just fine here in Windows 10.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Yes that was direct from Gommert

(Direct Quote)
This is a driver problem, contact Uniden for a win10 compatible driver.

2015-08-07 4:41 GMT+02:00 <info2007@butel.nl>:
> Email form details below:
>
Expect

Ok, that is not a scanner driver issue, then. I'm sure Gommert is keeping up with this and working on things on his end.
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...ndows-10-uniden-usb-driver-2.html#post2431492

Say it not. And my 10 plus years working IT. says it also not a driver probelm. Other wise the scann would not get commands from program. it talks. The progarm just no longer display data from the scanner. Yet other programs do.

So No it not a Driver problem. For it to be a driver probelm then nothing would work in windows 10 with that driver. And that not case.

Since you missed it the first time I posted The blow was taken today. With Scanner Monitor on the windows 10 machine. It works fine. So if the driver how is it working??? Maybe you should read what some posted before telling them it driver.

Attachments

• Snap6.png
    Snap6.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 560

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber

I too have the issue with ARC536 and ARC-Patrol as neither will work with Windows 10 and the VC screen. Everything work fine with ProScan as well Scanner Monitor so I too doubt it is a driver issue. Paul did say in another thread that this is indeed a Butel issue and not a Uniden Driver issue and that he thought Gommert was working on a fix. I'm glad I left my Windows 7 laptop alone and can still run ARC programs with it. Also very happy that ProScan works just fine so all is not lost.

Mike

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber

I too have the issue with ARC536 and ARC-Patrol as neither will work with Windows 10 and the VC screen. Everything work fine with ProScan as well Scanner Monitor so I too doubt it is a driver issue. Paul did say in another thread that this is indeed a Butel issue and not a Uniden Driver issue and that he thought Gommert was working on a fix. I'm glad I left my Windows 7 laptop alone and can still run ARC programs with it. Also very happy that ProScan works just fine so all is not lost.

Mike

Oh I doubt Gommert working on any thing. As I email about the issue on 8/8 and as of 8/12 there still telling people it drivers and have not brother to email me back.

This is why I still run 7Pro and xpPro on all my scanner and 2 way radio computers. Everybody needs to read all the things Windows 10 does that is unsafe like by default it shares your SECURE WIFI PASSWORD WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND MICROSOFT that way when they come visit you they have access to your secure network.
Yes and other have said you can turn it off.

No, it does not. Stop spreading half-truths just because "I read it on the internets".

It gives NO ACCESS to your local network, if enabled. Only Internet. You could look it up.

It cab be disabled EASILY. You could look that up, too.

In fact, it asked me during setup on the computers I have run the upgrade, and also on the clean installs if I *wanted* to share WiFi. Crazy eh? It ASKS FOR YOUR PERMISSION.

If you actually install Windows 10 on a computer, feel free to comment on it. Until then, perhaps you should add "Of course, I really don't know how it works since I haven't installed Windows 10" to your FUD spreading posts.
That is correct info.

I did look it up at a network security site.
The last time I looked giving someone the wifi password to your router gave them access to your network. Give the wrong person the wifi password to your network and watch what happens. It is not half truths and I build networks with hardware firewalls and a high end router to keep my internet scanners PC and My home network separate. Please read below link.
How to stop Windows 10 from sharing your WiFi password | ExtremeTech
Windows 10's Wi-Fi Sense password sharing sparks security concerns | PCWorld
Yes and wifif routers in general are not secure. Most people do brother to change the default password. T hen there security flaw that let people get in. Most people do not brother with patch.

Beside if you want to secure the wifi the way to do is to set the router to only let authorized mac address on network. Then even if they have the password they get no access. There an authorized device logs in to the admin panel using the admin password that not share. And allows said computer access. This feature was add to help the computer illiterate. Any one concerned about this issue.

A Is a going to turn it off
or
b Restrict access via mac address or other methods.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
well it seems offical. Buetul software those not care about this problem and consider it a driver problem. Any one know how to file a fraud complain with the EU?
cause this is the answer I final got today after email them again yesterday.

"
I have given you an answer and the answer is that Unidens driver is
not fully compatible with Windows 10 yet."

It quite clear they do care about the probelm and have horrible customer service.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Is there any other software to program the 4/536? Proscan works with the "incompatible" driver for virtual control, but won't program these units.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.