Unitrunker Release 32 (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Unitrunker Release 32

New

VCO tabs now display RSSI and Window value.
Main receiver Info tab displays applied drift correction.
Selecting R2500 / VR5K now automatically adds a second VCO.

Fixes

Stop following a voice call when unwanted call appears on the channel.
Deleting a grid row while edit was active caused crash.
Avoid crashes due to larger than expected values.
Missing service class property for voice following receivers.
Single VCO center frequency logic.
Persist tuner logging for AirSpy and Realtek.
AirSpy control only set parameters that have actually changed.
Restart on API error.
Fixed crash when deleting idle receiver.
Safer logging for USB.

Enjoy!

Download

bama9999

Thank you for all the hard work and effort you put into Unitrunker, and thanks for making an already great piece of software even better!

KD8DVR

Unitrunker rocks! Thanks for all you do! I love this software! Can't live without it. I'm back in the scanner hobby because of this great software.

dooshorama

i installed 1.32.5 preview a couple days ago.
is there any difference between that and the recent main release (also numbered 1.32.5)?

also, do you have a public change log?

nd5y

32.5 keeps crashing on my system. I emailed several crash dumps.
I never had 31.20 crash so I reinstalled it and runs perfectly.

bassjunkie

Love the work mate - is there a public changelog available for the preview versions? Would be interested to see even something simple like commit notes.

SCPD

QRT
is there a public changelog available for the preview versions? Would be interested to see even something simple like commit notes.
An email is sent on google groups each time a preview release is announced. What you see at the top of an official release announcement is the rolled-up list of changes.

bassjunkie

An email is sent on google groups each time a preview release is announced. What you see at the top of an official release announcement is the rolled-up list of changes.

Thanks mate, that's perfect! Turns out I was in the group but not sub'd to emails. Whoops :)

dooshorama

from a previous post:

1) rtl_test.exe reports a set of "Supported gain values". in a program that utilizes the rtlsdr.dll (i.e. SDR#), the gain is controlled via a slider bar that goes thru only the supported values.
in unitrunker, where the gain is entered as an integer, how do you handle a non-supported value?
i.e. here's a sub-set of values for my rtl device: 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4
what happens if i enter 100 (10.0) for gain value into unitrunker?

2) is the sampling frequency also limited to a supported set by the rtl device?
i noticed the range used in SDR# is different (.25, .900001, 1.024, 1.4, 1.8, 1.92, 2.048, 2.56, 2.8, 3.2) than what's available in unitrunker (.96, 1.008, 1.024, 1.056, 2.048, 2.112, 2.496, 2.5, 2.56).
any comments on the differences between the sets?

SCPD

QRT
Gentle disclaimer: please do not expect the program to behave the same as something using librtlsdr. It is different.

dooshorama said:
1) rtl_test.exe reports a set of "Supported gain values". in a program that utilizes the rtlsdr.dll (i.e. SDR#), the gain is controlled via a slider bar that goes thru only the supported values.
in unitrunker, where the gain is entered as an integer, how do you handle a non-supported value?
The program does its best to offer the user's set gain level.

To see the settings you describe, I had to run SDR#, select RTL-USB, click on the gear icon, plug in an RTL device (SDR# won't open the config dialog without one), and click the gear icon again - to see the settings you describe. I counted 28 steps on the slider control. Unitrunker's granularity is about twice that. The R820T tuner family certainly supports more than that so if there's demand for even better gain granularity, I can do that. Hint: the R820T offers 4,096 gain settings plus two layers of AGC.

In all honesty, the extra gain granularity isn't that important. The RTL2832U provides some AGC of its own to gloss over any differences between two adjacent slider settings.

dooshorama said:
2) is the sampling frequency also limited to a supported set by the rtl device?
i noticed the range used in SDR# is different (.25, .900001, 1.024, 1.4, 1.8, 1.92, 2.048, 2.56, 2.8, 3.2) than what's available in unitrunker (.96, 1.008, 1.024, 1.056, 2.048, 2.112, 2.496, 2.5, 2.56).
any comments on the differences between the sets?
The number of possible sample rates in the RTL2832U is significantly larger than what appears in either program. This was discussed here.

http://forums.radioreference.com/software-defined-radio/305969-rtl-sdr-sample-rate-calculations.html

Each program author has picked what it considers the "best" range of discrete sample rates. I've omitted anything in the 225001 to 300000 range because of aliasing. I've also omitted anything above 2.56 msps because my tests showed dropped samples at anything higher.

Why give the user a choice you know isn't going to work?

I did include 2.5 msps - not because it was a particularly "optimum" sample rate, but because it is one of the sample rates supported by the AirSpy. Makes for a nice side-by-side comparison.

dooshorama

rick,
thank you for the taking the time to look into it and your thorough response.

just to clear up, my questions were purely out of curiosity. i used SDR# only as a comparison. i did not mean to sound accusatory or expecting change of behavior in your software.

Hint: the R820T offers 4,096 gain settings
neat. maybe add that line here: UniTrunker | Realtek
There are three separate variable gain settings inside the R820T: LNA, Mixer, and VGA. (The R820T offers 4,096 gain settings.) The program adjusts these in aggregate as one unified gain setting.

nlurker

Unitrunker Release 32
Stop following a voice call when unwanted call appears on the channel.

Thank you! Release 32 is definitely better than Release 31. I do still hear unwanted calls, but it seems to switch away from them within a couple seconds rather than staying until the end. Release 30 is still the best, since I do not hear unwanted calls at all in that version.

SCPD

QRT
Updated

Thanks Tom!

I've promoted preview 7 up to the download folder. Anyone running 1.0.32.5 or 1.0.32.6, please upgrade to 1.0.32.7.

This update fixes two crashes that involve a bare discriminator audio only receiver.

First crash scenario is straight forward. Crash occurs when the decoded site is first acquired.

Second crash scenario requires the following steps.

1. start a discriminator only receiver.
2. stop the receiver.
3. delete the receiver (boom).

Index of /download

Status
Not open for further replies.