• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTR3000 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Last year i posted this http://communications.support/threads/7831-MTR3000

Still have yet to find out whats wrong with this thing. The local moto dealer gave me a ball park of about 1000 bucks to repair this without shipping, I paid less then that for the machine itself so dont really want to fork out the $$$ if i can get it fixed myself or by someone who knows how to thats local

Here is a video of what is going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXa7...ature=youtu.be

When i got this it was working fine. Only thing i changed was under General Settings - Voting from Digital Satellite Receiver to Normal Repeater. MTR reset and then i got the blinking lights.

Connecting the programming cable i get the windows device connected then disconnected sound after about 3 seconds, i cant read/write the machine via the USB cable. Connecting the Ethernet cable does nothing and the ethernet light does not come on either.

RDAC does not let me read it due to the USB disconnect so fast. Repeater has been sitting unplugged for about 7 months now and just powered it up and issue is still there.

Looking for some more ideas to try :)

N1GTL

Database Admin
Your video link does not work.

Checking the IP programming option does not require that to be the only option. You can still program it using a USB A-to-B cable.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Try this link for the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXa7Bjs0nL4&feature=youtu.be

As iv stated in the other forum,
I CANNOT read/program the repeater due to the fact that ever 3 seconds i get the device disconnected sound from the computer and about 9 seconds later it reconnects and then 2-3 seconds disconnected again. So trying to read/write it fails every time no matter what iv tried.

Using the CPS or RDAC its a fail both ways saying the device is not connected. using the same cable and PC as i did when i first got it and change the setting. I think the repeater is in disabled mode and i dont know how to re-enable it. Says in the CPS when you change it from Digital Satellite to analog it will disable the repeater after a reset.. Yet does noy say how to enable it back..

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like there are deeper issues. If the repeater is cycling like that there is probably something physically wrong inside. It probably needs a trip to depot.

Even if the repeater was in disabled mode you would still be able to read/write the system. Disabled only shuts the repeater off so no one can use it.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
I recall one of my coworkers witnessing a similar problem and having read through the referenced thread, a trip to the Depot is the only fix. You'll probably still end up spending less than a new one would cost but would basically have a new one.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Its just a piss off knowing it was working fine until i checked that box and programmed it back in. Right after that is when it went dumb

I programmed the repeater about 4 times testing settings and they all worked fine n dandy until i changed it to analog mode.

Strange how it would need a depot trip because of that.. hope that once its fixed if i do the same thing its not going to have to go to depot every time.. that would be some big issue if ya ask me

Once place i called they said it would be about 700 to send it out, another place said flate rate of 3-400 plus shipping.. so that would include anything that needed to be fixed if it was under 3-400 or over that was that..

Status
Not open for further replies.