Moving question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicdoot

Hi we are moving soon from Virginia to Florida. Do I have to do anything to my scanner to program it to receive in a new state? Thanks

nicdoot

So I can maybe search frequencies for Florida when I get there? It's been so long since I programmed my scanner I will have to find the manual and figure it out again. Thanks

shadcall

Some counties in Florida have gone to encryption. The Highway Patrol and other state agencies are also encrypted. Other places have many things you can listen too. Where will you be moving too? Knowing this will help give you advice on what you can and cannot monitor.

N8IAA

We are moving to new Tampa which is north of Tampa.

According to the current RR database, the county Tampa is located in, is building out a new P-25, Phase I system.
Unfortunately for you, it operates on 700MHz frequencies that the 96 can't follow.
You will be able to monitor the EDACS system until they migrate to the new system.
Larry

nicdoot

Darn well they said I couldn't get many channels here as they were changing things and I can get some. I'm sure not all. Not sure what the last part of your message meant. I am a novice. Hehe

N8IAA

According to the current RR database, the county Tampa is located in, is building out a new P-25, Phase I system.
Unfortunately for you, it operates on 700MHz frequencies that the 96 can't follow.
You will be able to monitor the EDACS system until they migrate to the new system.
Larry

First one in blue, means that the 96 can't follow trunk systems on the frequencies that the new system operates on.

Second one in red, means that the 96 will still pick up the current trunk system. Albeit, only those TGID's that show an 'A'. The others are digital, and can't be decoded by the hardware in the scanner, or any other scanner currently made.
Larry

nicdoot

Ok thanks Larry. The only place I saw anything with an A is the license part of her list under databases. Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.