Oops. What did I do? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAnjel

I tried to see if I can put in a non trunk frequency in bank 3. We see how well that worked, lol. Now I have this error. I'm not home so I can't search for the answer right now. Every key press results in this error. I can turn it off and back on to get rid of it tho and it still scans I just can't temp lock any channels out. Is there a quick fix or am I going to have to buy the program anyway. Thanks.

399b8db6a697054b3a4795518f8337d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s.
~~I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away~~

marksmith

You have entered a talkgroup that is not assigned to a system. If it will let you scroll thru and see the one that is not assigned, to can assign it or delete it to fix your problem.

The other answer is a total reset clearing all user data programmed and then feed it back in if you have it in software.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

FallenAnjel

You have entered a talkgroup that is not assigned to a system. If it will let you scroll thru and see the one that is not assigned, to can assign it or delete it to fix your problem.

The other answer is a total reset clearing all user data programmed and then feed it back in if you have it in software.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Thanks mark. I bought the software and just reuploaded my file to reprogram it. That'll learn me to mess with a digital scanner! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s.

GeneseeCoMI

Why do you have a piece of tape over the LED? If you don't like it you can turn it off using the instructions on pages 67 and 81 of the manual. I've never even used it on mine, seems pointless IMO.

DJ11DLN

Why do you have a piece of tape over the LED? If you don't like it you can turn it off using the instructions on pages 67 and 81 of the manual. I've never even used it on mine, seems pointless IMO.

Probably because there's no dim option for the LED on that scanner, and it is very bright...that's why mine also has a piece of tape over it. You can still see the LED color through the tape, it just doesn't make a dark room look like a disco anymore. I used white electrical tape...but the OP's duct tape is looking more attractive, since mine peels off after awhile, even when the face has been cleaned with alcohol.:confused:

The feature is handy if you have certain channels/TGs you want to quickly identify without having to read the display, for example when you're driving and need to keep your eyes mostly on the road.:wink: But I imagine that it is a Chevy/Ford type of thing and probably as many folks with these scanners don't use it as do...to each their own.:D

TAbirdman

I tried to see if I can put in a non trunk frequency in bank 3. We see how well that worked, lol. Now I have this error. I'm not home so I can't search for the answer right now. Every key press results in this error. I can turn it off and back on to get rid of it tho and it still scans I just can't temp lock any channels out. Is there a quick fix or am I going to have to buy the program anyway. Thanks.

399b8db6a697054b3a4795518f8337d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s.

Easy fix for anyone else - Use PRSEdit 500 PC software - upload from the scanner to the program and then simply download it back to the scanner. This process removes the TRGP that's causing the issue. Don't have to do anything else!!

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Pro-106 LED

Probably because there's no dim option for the LED on that scanner, and it is very bright...that's why mine also has a piece of tape over it. You can still see the LED color through the tape, it just doesn't make a dark room look like a disco anymore. I used white electrical tape...but the OP's duct tape is looking more attractive, since mine peels off after awhile, even when the face has been cleaned with alcohol.:confused:

The feature is handy if you have certain channels/TGs you want to quickly identify without having to read the display, for example when you're driving and need to keep your eyes mostly on the road.:wink: But I imagine that it is a Chevy/Ford type of thing and probably as many folks with these scanners don't use it as do...to each their own.:D

Actually you can "dim" the LED. In PSRedit-500 on the General Configuration tab "LED Color Presets" select one of the defaults. Mine is 1/4. In ARC-500 on the Global Settings tab you have to play around with the LED color settings. Manually: Program>Global>Scroll down past "Expert Below">Color 1>Select: I set mine @ 30 00 00>Done. Color 2: 4A 3F 00: Color 3: 00 3F 00: Color 4: 00 3F 60 etc.

GeneseeCoMI

The Pro 651 must be different than the Pro 106 then. My LED is off and it's never been on in the six years I've had it.

DJ11DLN

Actually you can "dim" the LED. In PSRedit-500 on the General Configuration tab "LED Color Presets" select one of the defaults. Mine is 1/4. In ARC-500 on the Global Settings tab you have to play around with the LED color settings. Manually: Program>Global>Scroll down past "Expert Below">Color 1>Select: I set mine @ 30 00 00>Done. Color 2: 4A 3F 00: Color 3: 00 3F 00: Color 4: 00 3F 60 etc.

You don't happen to know if it's possible to do this with Win500, do you? Because I can't find any way to do it there. I can cause my Pro-197's LED to dim along with the display when the DIM button is pressed (by default it doesn't), but the 651 doesn't have a DIM button, nor do I see any option in the software or menu to do it. Or is this something one can only do with PSREdit? Thanks.

And to keep from going off topic, I've never had the heap error, so sorry but I can't help with that.:D

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You don't happen to know if it's possible to do this with Win500, do you? Because I can't find any way to do it there. I can cause my Pro-197's LED to dim along with the display when the DIM button is pressed (by default it doesn't), but the 651 doesn't have a DIM button, nor do I see any option in the software or menu to do it. Or is this something one can only do with PSREdit? Thanks.

And to keep from going off topic, I've never had the heap error, so sorry but I can't help with that.:D

General Settings tab (first tab) in the top right section labelled Alert, Sound, Light, Display Setting and the subsection LED Colors. 00 is off, FF is fully on. You might want to try playing around with the settings directly on the scanner to find the values you want. You can get to it by PGM - GLOB (F3) - ▼until you see the Color # - ENT/SEL to select it. Use the ▲/▼ keys to adjust the setting up or down to the intensity you want.

DJ11DLN

General Settings tab (first tab) in the top right section labelled Alert, Sound, Light, Display Setting and the subsection LED Colors. 00 is off, FF is fully on. You might want to try playing around with the settings directly on the scanner to find the values you want. You can get to it by PGM - GLOB (F3) - ▼until you see the Color # - ENT/SEL to select it. Use the ▲/▼ keys to adjust the setting up or down to the intensity you want.

Thanks! Every time I start messing with this thing I wind up feeling about 2" tall. I'm getting too old to learn too many new tricks!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.