Lake County Willoughby Hills Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I am listening to the analog Willoughby Hills Fire channel (46.14000-WRZ562), and I am hearing at least 2 fire departments dispatching on that channel, such as Middlefield, and not hearing Willoughby Hills. Has this channel been converted to other use, and is Willoughby Hills only using the Kirtland/Willoughby Hills P25 Digital channel?

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
You will hear most of Lake County and Geauga County page out their Fire Depts. on analog 46.14 MHz. Lake County does not use PL but Geauga County does (114.8). Willoughby Hills is paged on this frequency. I believe only Eastlake & Willoughby use 46.38 MHz to page.

The Fire Departments then communicate using their respective talk groups on their particular county digital simulcast systems.

Incidentally, Geauga County pages all of the Fire Departments on 46.020 MHz, 46.080 MHz, 46.140 MHz, and 46.400 MHZ (all with PL 114.8) simultaneously to provide better County Coverage. 46.140 is being transmitted from just south of Chardon for the centrally located Geauga Co. departments. Bainbridge and Auburn page on VHF.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.