• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Smallest P25 radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Smallest P25 radio

Smallest and P25 don't seem to go together. Because they are usually by people with minimal training, ruggedness is a much higher priority. The only really small digital radio I have seen is the Hytera PD362 for DMR and similar models by Motorola. They were designed for businesses like the hotel industry. It is proof it can be done, but there has to be a need.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Well the xts4000 is kind of a different beast but a radio all the same. I'd say as far as moto it would probably be the apx 4000. As compared to the other apxs and xtss it's the smallest I've ever seen. I'm not aware of any other phone type radios like the xts4000 but I imagine some government agencies have something like it.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
i was going to say APX4000 or 6000.

Personally used a 4000, and its a nice compact radio, but still really nice and functional.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Handheld or mobile?

I ask because there is an Australian company that who's brochure I can't seem to find whom makes a remote mount that is smaller than your average dual band Amateur (mobile) radio.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Kenwood TK-5220/TK5320 are the smallest ones I've seen made by one of the big manufacturers.

Identical chassis as the NX-200/300 twins.

2.28" x 5.02" x 1.63", with the KNB-47L battery, not including the antenna. 13.23oz with battery.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
XTS4000 is smaller than that.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
p25

Incredible! a p25 radio that's both portable and affordable. I see myself using these incredible communications marvels to stay in touch with coworkers and to make my business more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.